Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Our Delta Flight Records Are Not Private

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium

Newsweek reported that Delta turned over Fani Willis flight Delta flight records today "in camera".

This is in no way meant as political post, just that Delta can be ordered by a Court to turn over passenger flight records. An other consideration to fly a EU or Swiss carrier that has very strict personal privacy laws if you don't want your travel records to be subject to a subpoena.

Highly doubt a AF or KLM marketed flight, but DL operated flight purchased through AF or KLM could be subpoenaed and turned over, as the party requesting must route the subpeona through the courts of the foreign country.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DrMilano

Highly doubt a AF or KLM marketed flight, but DL operated flight purchased through AF or KLM could be subpoenaed and turned over, as the party requesting must route the subpeona through the courts of the foreign country.
This is not correct, and is not how subpoenas work. Subpoenas can be directed to anyone who has information. If Delta and Air France both have certain info, it can be subpoenaed from either of them. And Air France certainly can be subpoenaed in U.S. courts.

If it comes to a traveler's surprise that their travel records are obtainable via judicial subpoena, I think that's on the traveler
​​​​​​
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I fully expect that all my AF records are in practice shared with La piscine.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:21 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Umm...
Delta turning over my private information to the Court is the least of my concern. They probably know more about me based off my Amex spending.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:23 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Especially for international travel, don’t government agencies already have records of travel? Can’t they be subpoenaed?

And even for domestic travel, isn’t this the case as well? I often don’t even need to show a boarding pass anymore because the TSA already has my flight info.
ATLintheair likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:38 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Locking this thread
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
jalves likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.