Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which is the better Delta lounge at JFK T4? Concourse A or B?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone! I don’t usually fly Delta but will later today on long haul business. I looked up the lounges and there seem to be two, one near Gate A8 and another near Gate B31.

I believe one of these is newer than the other but are they pretty much the same or is one preferred over the other? I’m a bit confused as to which is better. Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Hi everyone! I don’t usually fly Delta but will later today on long haul business. I looked up the lounges and there seem to be two, one near Gate A8 and another near Gate B31.

I believe one of these is newer than the other but are they pretty much the same or is one preferred over the other? I’m a bit confused as to which is better. Thanks
The A7 lounge is newer, and smaller. It is very nice, but well out of your way, unless you're going through the A concourse (primarily regional jets).

The B30 lounge is much larger and generally better located for most connections.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:31 am

I think A club is nicer, but not worth going out of your way to get there if both of your gates are in the B concourse. Are you flying Delta One? If so, the Virgin Clubhouse in A is also an option. IMO it is better than the SkyClub.
the phoenix and ebayj like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Actually got A gates for my flight so in the A lounge now, it’s nice although a bit crowded
chipbennett likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Thanks everyone! Actually got A gates for my flight so in the A lounge now, it’s nice although a bit crowded
Don't feel bad - B would have been jammed to the gills too
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
A is definitely nice, but small by comparison to B. The outdoor space is nice. But the A club is definitely not worth it if you’re flying out of the B side.
Sounds like the OP had a good visit.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:16 pm

Did Delta close the small grab and go lounge at JFK?
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joeyday
Did Delta close the small grab and go lounge at JFK?
If you are talking about the temp lounge that was in the main hall, then yes.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm going through JFK during "prime time" Tuesday night (getting there around 1855 and leaving at 2125). My inbound comes into the new A gates, so I intend to hit the new A8 club. If I make it that far (it looks like my onward flight goes out of B24), it will be my first time lining up in the diamond SkyClub line at B30, rather than the "ham 'n egger" line in which I used to have to stand.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:25 am

It was after security, up one level, all the way over to the right. Is that now closed?

Originally Posted by xliioper
If you are talking about the temp lounge that was in the main hall, then yes.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joeyday
It was after security, up one level, all the way over to the right. Is that now closed?
Correct. That was a temporary lounge that was in service for awhile until the new concourse A lounge opened up.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zeke3
I think A club is nicer, but not worth going out of your way to get there if both of your gates are in the B concourse. Are you flying Delta One? If so, the Virgin Clubhouse in A is also an option. IMO it is better than the SkyClub.
Is the Virgin lounge really available to any DeltaOne passenger?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the Virgin lounge really available to any DeltaOne passenger?
Yes -- https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...clubhouse.html
Passengers in First/Business class on China Airlines also get accesss, but they don't look to allow access for business class passengers on other Skyteam carriers.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 3, 2024 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 3, 2024, 1:19 pm

Passengers in First/Business class on China Airlines also get accesss, but they don't look to allow access for business class passengers on other Skyteam carriers.
I have never been turned away from the JFK Clubhouse when flying Delta One, but I have heard anecdotal reports of Delta One passengers turned away during the prime hours for Virgin’s JFK flights due to overcrowding. Not sure if they were also turning away VS passengers at the same time.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The linked page says D1 passenger on a DL international flight. Someone flying D1 to LAX or SFO would not be eligible.
metalblaze likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.