Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Centurion Lounge Near ATL Gate E11 Opens Tomorrow 2/14/24

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence

SIAP,
but I guess I'll have to make a quick trip down to ATL to check this baby out. Here's an article on The Points Guy about it.

First look: Amex's stunning new Centurion Lounge in Atlanta - The Points Guy
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Sweet, as I have been waiting for this club to open up for so long!! Was departing the Term F SkyClub before, as the agent thank me for coming and “we’ll see you again”, but I said I’m not coming back here now that the AmEx Centurion is opening. 👍 About time the big DL has significant competition in its ATL backyard.☺️ Can’t wait for Sunday to visit.

I highly predict that the DL SC premium drink offerings will take a significant hit, as all premium drinks are complementary at the Centurion Lounge. I also find the staff is more warmly accommodating with customers , as tips are not expected at the Centurion Lounge rather than the DL contracted SC agents with their hands out looking for a tip which a membership fee has already be paid for and/or ticket. Flight attendants don’t pass around a tip jar inflight.

Last edited by DrMilano; Feb 13, 2024 at 3:09 pm
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:11 pm

Are we allowed in upon arriving in ATL with no connection? I have been turned away before after arriving at Centurions on DL with no onward flight.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Are we allowed in upon arriving in ATL with no connection? I have been turned away before after arriving at Centurions in DL with onward flight.
Arrival access is not a benefit of Centurion lounges. They may be so at their discretion at "select" lounges, but it is not provided as a rule unlike DL Sky Club access. This is listed in Centurion access T&C's.
dw and digital76 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:51 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
I imagine they didn't do a full cater for the photo shoot... the food there didn't look as plentiful or interesting as other Centurion lounges I've been to. The food reminds me more of what the closet in SEA offered prior to them expanding into the upper floor above the center terminal.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 4:19 pm

Can a $175 authorized user on my reserve card who has his own reserve card access centurion?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 4:33 pm

Can a $175 authorized user on my reserve card who has his own reserve card access centurion?
yes
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:37 pm

Is there a 3-hour rule at Centurions like at SC?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yup, unless connecting.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by DrMilano
Sweet, as I have been waiting for this club to open up for so long!! Was departing the Term F SkyClub before, as the agent thank me for coming and “we’ll see you again”, but I said I’m not coming back here now that the AmEx Centurion is opening. 👍 About time the big DL has significant competition in its ATL backyard.☺️ Can’t wait for Sunday to visit.

I highly predict that the DL SC premium drink offerings will take a significant hit, as all premium drinks are complementary at the Centurion Lounge. I also find the staff is more warmly accommodating with customers , as tips are not expected at the Centurion Lounge rather than the DL contracted SC agents with their hands out looking for a tip which a membership fee has already be paid for and/or ticket. Flight attendants don’t pass around a tip jar inflight.
. You really felt like you needed to tell the staff you wouldn’t be back because you can go to the centurion lounge

A staff member said something nice to you and this is your response and then you accuse them of not being warm and friendly?😂. Wonder why

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; Feb 13, 2024 at 6:54 pm
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:52 pm

Nice way for ATL-based folks who don’t spend $75k on Amex in 2024 to still get unlimited lounge access at ATL. So the shrewd will use up their 15 limited visits at outstations and use Centurion at ATL.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:28 pm

I'm curious how busy this will become if the food quality is a step above what is currently offered in the ATL Sky Clubs.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was in the Centurion Lounge in Terminal D of IAH on Saturday 2/10. I got there at 0755 for an 1100 flight (IAH-ATL-LIT) on Delta out of Terminal A (where there is a United Club in the middle of the Delta gates). There were two "dragons" at the front desk, one male and one female. I dealt with the male, who quietly admitted me, even though I was 5 minutes early. The female denied the person to my right, loudly berating him for getting to the lounge more than 3 hours before his flight.

At JFK, Mrs. ND76 and I recently had a 5+ layover. We visited the SkyClubs at the top of the entrance to the Delta A gates and B30. Between them, we stopped at the AMEX Centurion probably four hours before our flight to Europe, and they let us in.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blueflyer3
I'm curious how busy this will become if the food quality is a step above what is currently offered in the ATL Sky Clubs.
Hopefully it will cause Delta to raise the quality of its food.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:02 pm

Nice way for ATL-based folks who don’t spend $75k on Amex in 2024 to still get unlimited lounge access at ATL. So the shrewd will use up their 15 limited visits at outstations and use Centurion at ATL.
The 15 visit rule allows unlimited visits for 24h. Which means that people will use the delta club for the first part of the year and then centurian towards the end.

Also more families in centurian since $75k spend gets guests in with the regular Amex PLT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.