Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Ride Share Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Delta Ride Share Credit

Does anyone know if Lyft Pink membership will trigger the $10/month ride share credit on the Delta credit cards?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by cloudypie
Does anyone know if Lyft Pink membership will trigger the $10/month ride share credit on the Delta credit cards?
amex site t&c excludes memberships
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Oh that sucks.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by cloudypie
Oh that sucks.
when they said ride share, that’s exactly what they meant. Rides only.
jhartvu likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
The T&C are very explicit. No food delivery. No cash equivalents. No memberships. Only charges for ride share rides are eligible for the credit.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Anyone else think these “perks” are stupid and not worth the increase in AM fee?
cdubz likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by lindros2
Anyone else think these “perks” are stupid and not worth the increase in AM fee?
As I've said before: I'll get the AF increase back and then some, just with the ride share statement credit. Mix in a few Resy restaurant statement credits, even better. Maybe a one-off Delta Stays stay, even better. But then, I fly a lot because I travel for work. I use Uber between home and airport, and often at my work location (depending on where that might be). And I have to eat. And once I hit 75 ENCs with Marriott, there will be zero opportunity cost for booking a one-off Delta Stays hotel.

These perks seem perhaps designed for people who travel for work - if not, travel in general - which seems appropriate for an airline-cobranded credit card. If that's true, I have to wonder if most of the people who find the new perks to be worthless are those who are otherwise not frequent flyers? I'm sure that's not definitively/universally true. I'm curious about the correlation, though.
jhartvu likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Now that the credit is active, can we actually confirm what does and doesn't work, rather than expecting the T&C to be implemented 100% correctly? Many other Amex benefits do not follow the T&C to the letter.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by findark
Now that the credit is active, can we actually confirm what does and doesn't work, rather than expecting the T&C to be implemented 100% correctly? Many other Amex benefits do not follow the T&C to the letter.
I think ride share direct payments for rides have been confirmed to yield the statement credit.

I made an Uber Cash purchase with my DL Reserve card that has not similarly received any email confirmation of receiving the statement credit.
dw and milesforhire like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:14 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I took an Uber from JFK this past Sunday and received the $10 credit from my DL Plat Amex.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by chipbennett
I made an Uber Cash purchase with my DL Reserve card that has not similarly received any email confirmation of receiving the statement credit.
Rats, I had some hope this would work.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I think ride share direct payments for rides have been confirmed to yield the statement credit.

Confirming this does not work. I did similar -- I was ordering from Uber Eats anyway so I made an Uber Cash purchase through the Uber side of the app (not the Uber Eats app) and it coded as "Uber E-Gift Card" on AMEX so no credit.

I'm in the camp of being annoyed by this one. I rarely take Uber anymore for personal use and if I'm using Uber for work (e.g., going to airport, work trip, etc.) I can expense it out anyway (and I can't use a personal card) so no value there and the airport parking at RDU is still cheap enough to be cheaper than Uber unless going on a very long vacation.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
These perks seem perhaps designed for people who travel for work - if not, travel in general - which seems appropriate for an airline-cobranded credit card. If that's true, I have to wonder if most of the people who find the new perks to be worthless are those who are otherwise not frequent flyers? I'm sure that's not definitively/universally true. I'm curious about the correlation, though.
Travel for work?
I'm absolutely forced to use Egencia/AMEX Travel and cannot book things like hotels w/ Delta.
Resy is messy, too - unsure how this will work out - as Resy has f'ed up things top down night and day with my AMEX "benefit" the past two years.
(I'm locked out of my account via email; I have to use phone but it doesn't really work 100%)
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by lindros2
Travel for work?
I'm absolutely forced to use Egencia/AMEX Travel and cannot book things like hotels w/ Delta.
Resy is messy, too - unsure how this will work out - as Resy has f'ed up things top down night and day with my AMEX "benefit" the past two years.
(I'm locked out of my account via email; I have to use phone but it doesn't really work 100%)
Yes, work travel. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with third-party travel booking. We've got a pretty restrictive travel policy with respect to class of hotel, booking main cabin for flights, class of rental car, etc. But, we at least have the flexibility to book all our own travel, including preferred airlines/hotels, travel itinerary, etc.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
I didn't see any Texas Roadhouse locations on the Resy list, lol.
I registered with Resy but don't see much likelihood of ever using it.

I will be using the Rideshare option. Already use Lyft and get Delta miles for that so a statement credit too will help offset the Amex price increase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.