Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary Seat Change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Involuntary Seat Change

So first off, I'm pretty sure I'm boned here but I did want to check with the Skymiles veterans to see if there are any Hail Mary's I can throw for this situation:
  • Booked Premium Select on DL Metal on VS website [JFK-LHR].
  • Selected seats at the time, I have an email record of it & VS customer service confirm they can see it at their end.
  • Today I've been moved from 23J to 20D.
  • VS can't do anything as DL have control of the ticket, in any case PE cabin is full - they said I could change flights for +~$600 which I declined.
  • DL say they can't do anything and its VS fault - I did have someone on the Platinum line attempt to rebook me via BOS resulting in a net refund to me, but they couldn't see my return flight (which is on VS) so it felt like they were canceling the entire ticket & reissuing it as a one way which made me nervous so I declined.
Seat reservations are not guaranteed, I do accept that - however this absolutely sucks big time & it feels quite unfair.

Any advice outside of get the airport early and hope that someone no-shows/op-ups and I can swap into a better seat?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:26 pm

Send a written complaint to both after the flight. Unfortunately too easy for one airline to blame the other. The risk you take unfortunately when there are different operating/marketing carriers.
ChurnieEls likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.