Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D1 Call Button Abuse

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Blinged Out
I see everyone’s point, but the actual annoyance was the button being pressed about once every 30 mins during the lights out portion of the flight.

Most of my tatl/tpac travel in J is on foreign metal and their service is marginally more attentive than DL, but this wasn’t a service failure imo.

I reluctantly use DL even though I guess I shouldn't- Their pleather seats are less comfortable than their jv partners cloth seats and as hard as it is for me to sleep, this guy yesterday was doing everything he could to make it more difficult.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:52 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Two weeks worth, actually. Had 4 gucs that expired 1/31

Was recently on LH F and LX F- the service was better than US 3, but not to the point where anyone needed to be coddled by a dedicated FA- nor did anyone excessively ring the call button. Again, this could be normal, but I’ve never witnessed it in thousands of segments and probably 80+ F/J flights.
OK, but seriously. What is the point of this thread? What are you seeking?
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
In J on SQ, NH, or JL, this would not be considered abusive.
Honestly, on any of those airlines the crew actually come around enough you never need to use the call button. If someone has to use the button 14 times, that's on the crew not the person.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by rmontelbon
Personally, I'd question the judgement of any "experienced flyer" choosing a US carrier for a premium cabin on an 11 hour international flight, but I'm sympathetic to those who've been saving their credit card points for a decade having no choice.
LOL @ this. Whenever I'm in D1 on TATL it's because they had their annual flash sale to Europe where it's RT in D1 for 168k (or less) skypesos. I always wonder if everybody else in that cabin did the same thing or they''re just wasted their money.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:06 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Cool story- Noise canceling headphones are great when I don’t sleep on them since I’m a side sleeper.
Hence why I mentioned ear plugs. Or even AirPods, which you can indeed sleep on your side with (I do) and also have a noise cancel feature.
Planes make a lot of noises, if a ding every 30 minutes bothers you that much, not sure what to tell you.
moondog likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:10 pm

Me thinks anyone that flies many 100’s of K’s of miles in their lifetime knows well how to de-escalate cabin disturbances.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
LOL @ this. Whenever I'm in D1 on TATL it's because they had their annual flash sale to Europe where it's RT in D1 for 168k (or less) skypesos. I always wonder if everybody else in that cabin did the same thing or they''re just wasted their money.
ot but I do too- has to be worth it for me points-wise/guc wise bc I can book *A J for 62k-70k points.

As far as my point, I wanted to know if 14 times was excessive by FT standards.

Turns out, it’s not because many on here feel like service in J is terrible on the US3 and this guy was simply getting his money’s worth and I was being a jerk for noticing this even though it has never happened on any flight I’ve been on.

Make the ding silent and none of us would have noticed or complained.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:41 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
11 hour flight? Perhaps a passenger from Asia or Europe going back home? Both in Europe and Asia the call button is usually used for non-urgent things like please bring me a drink, with no risk of getting the evil eye from the FAs. If it was something urgent, I'd probably get up and disturb the nearest FA, rather than ring the button and wait for one to come by when convenient for them.
Perhaps is a terrible opening word for a passive-aggressive response.
This is the Delta forum.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
IThen why do many pre-flight announcements include something to the effect of "if there's anything we can do to make your flight more enjoyable or comfortable, please ring your flight attendant call button and we'll be happy to assist you"?
Then why is there an AITA on this? Yeah.
https://www.reddit.com/r/delta/comme...e_call_button/
versus
https://www.reddit.com/r/delta/comme...ot_for_drinks/
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm no obscure2k but this thread has run its course.
flyerCO, DrMilano and SeaHawg like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by lindros2
Perhaps is a terrible opening word for a passive-aggressive response.
Perhaps.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 4:53 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Cool story- Noise canceling headphones are great when I don’t sleep on them since I’m a side sleeper.

Ringing a call button multiple times throughout a flight is excessive. That may make me, my wife, and others on this flight “Karens,” but any of you would be just as annoyed given the stuff that is posted on here as well. This crew was excellent, and 5A was beyond rude and inconsiderate. I should have pulled a Larry David on this guy on our walk to cbp.
I get it; I'm also a side-sleeper.

There are also some great audio sleep masks available. While they aren't noise-canceling, they are perfect for side-sleeping. There are models available on Amazon for $10 - $25, or you can go for the top of the line, Manta, for around $100. I always have mine (a cheaper version) with me when traveling with family, or for redeyes.
JojaFlyer and SeaHawg like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Not sure what your point is, especially since it appears to me that most people in the threads responded "NTA" to the OPs for using the call button and chastised the FA for the poor customer service.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:57 am

Frankly because most people actively on Reddit, especially who would post in a forum like that, are losers.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Dracarys
It would've been hysterical if a fellow passenger tried to outdo him and ring 15 times!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.