Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

International to domestic connection MSP (separate itineraries)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International to domestic connection MSP (separate itineraries)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:31 pm

Programs: NW GE
Originally Posted by LexPassenger
MSP is my preferred airport returning from overseas, because you can skip the TSA recheck line by just exiting to the street, and then reenter the terminal through any normal line. Almost any regular TSA entrance is faster than the recheck line.
definitely have this in your back pocket if the customs area tsa checkpoint is backed up (no clear/precheck at this checkpoint unless something has changed, its been a while since msp hasnt been my final destination). Just exit down the stairs and head back up to arrivals and clear tsa like a MSP originator.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK LH won't check a bag through to DL on separate tickets, so OP might need to go to the main departures area to recheck the bag. If trying to do it at the DL service counter upon exiting customs, be sure to have flight details, ideally a printed copy of both the reservation (PNR) and the ticket (receipt with ticket number). In other hubs, the post-customs DL service counter has resisted even re-checking a bag (that DL tagged at my origin) for me on a single ticket/itinerary when I SDC to a different connecting flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.