Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: matchbox20_is
New menu link here

Current 2024 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, GUA, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:30 am

DL 935
JFK > LAX

Brand new plane, first revenue run was week prior, but so new Wifi unit was installed yet.
Meal was solid (as the Danny Meyer stuff usually is), nuts were warm, the short rib was really good, not a huge fan of the shrimp. Jordan Cab was very good throughout the flight, one time they gave the Argyle Pinot by mistake but I didn't mind. Not a big cake guy but the desert was good. Cookies (last few flights we didnt get them) and they where giving a few chocolates out to each seat which was nice. Service was great and FAs where attentive.

dw, obscure2k and sspontak like this.

Last edited by marshmeli; Jan 12, 2024 at 10:42 am
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:48 am

DL 951
LAX > JFK

Was definitely an old plane, and has been well used. Service was goo, the Lasagna was pretty good and light. Wish it had more pepper. Another cake option another fall selection (I feel), this time pumpkin.
Odd on this the flight the welcome drink option was orange juice or beer, i guess the sparkling wine was not on board yet (or maybe never got loaded)

dw likes this.

Last edited by marshmeli; Jan 12, 2024 at 1:43 pm
Old Jan 12, 2024, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Anyone with recent experience on DL464 LAX-OGG?
I'm booked in F in February, but the flight is only showing "snacks". Is there no meal service on this flight? (I've been searching and can't find a clear answer)
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Anyone with recent experience on DL464 LAX-OGG?
I'm booked in F in February, but the flight is only showing "snacks". Is there no meal service on this flight? (I've been searching and can't find a clear answer)
delta.com says Lunch.

You apparently missed the Mid-Flight Refreshment section which includes "full meal service" --

Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Kind of surprised BOS-MSY even exists.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Jan 12 - DL 73 - AMS-ATL. I had pre-ordered the beef short rib and really enjoyed it. Appetizers were mushroom soup (very good), shrimp and pickled veg (also very tasty), and then a salad which I did not like. The ice cream sundae was good. Before landing we got either a goat cheese salad or a cheeseburger - I had the cheeseburger which was good and the slaw served with it was very nice.

Appetizers

Beef short rib main

Ice Cream Desert
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It looks like they are slowly expanding out menu options, which is nice and also makes the cold choices significantly less offensive to me.

Breakfast on MSP-SFO in January had five options:

Quiche:

Delta has had a quiche on offer in the morning in most iterations of the mealset, and this is another solid choice.

"French Toast Bread Pudding":

Another dish that feels like a staple of domestic breakfasts. It's heavy and hearty, but hard to regret (I ate the fruit already).
sspontak likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Lunch is technically five options as well, but the chicken appeared at the last minute and I think it is doing double duty as a special meal, too.

I ordered the "smoked tomato chicken stew":

Previously advertised as "Roasted Chicken Thighs - okra, roasted peppers, steamed rice" in the prior month, it is still tasty and somewhat difficult to pin down. I do believe there is also some smoked tomato in there. I guess I can agree with truncated that the flavor is perhaps more gumbo-distant, but that is still the closest known dish I can compare this to. Mine had some flavor if not spice, which was nice, and I think it's a solid option to submit to the reheating of airline preparation.

The salad on the other hand... I'm really tried of lame attempts to make cucumber slices, tomato, and greens into a "salad".
sspontak likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by xliioper
delta.com says Lunch.

You apparently missed the Mid-Flight Refreshment section which includes "full meal service" --

Once booked, in the flight details all it shows is Meal Services: Snacks, Refreshing Beverages, and Premium Snack Selections. Hence why I asked. That mid-flight refreshment description is not in flight details once the ticket is booked.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by findark
Lunch is technically five options as well, but the chicken appeared at the last minute and I think it is doing double duty as a special meal, too.

I ordered the "smoked tomato chicken stew":

Previously advertised as "Roasted Chicken Thighs - okra, roasted peppers, steamed rice" in the prior month, it is still tasty and somewhat difficult to pin down. I do believe there is also some smoked tomato in there. I guess I can agree with truncated that the flavor is perhaps more gumbo-distant, but that is still the closest known dish I can compare this to. Mine had some flavor if not spice, which was nice, and I think it's a solid option to submit to the reheating of airline preparation.

The salad on the other hand... I'm really tried of lame attempts to make cucumber slices, tomato, and greens into a "salad".
It looks West African to me. There is a Ghanaian okra stew that is very similar. I know Delta serves jollof rice and other dishes like this on flights to Accra. Maybe they thought to expand it to other routes?
sspontak likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:10 am

Hmmm. Maybe add a bagel to the tray?

French toast bread pudding supported by croissant. Didn’t touch the croissant. Just a thought. Replace the croissant with a yoghurt.
sspontak likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeke3
It looks West African to me. There is a Ghanaian okra stew that is very similar. I know Delta serves jollof rice and other dishes like this on flights to Accra. Maybe they thought to expand it to other routes?
Interesting! I am not particularly familiar with West African cuisine, so I'll have to learn more.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Does anyone have any photos of the field green salad with burrata and/or the smoked tomato chicken stew?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by itripreport
Does anyone have any photos of the field green salad with burrata and/or the smoked tomato chicken stew?
5 posts up (#53) has the smoked tomato chicken stew.
itripreport likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:44 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K

SEA-DTW

Spinach and Cheese Agnolotti
creamy tomato sauce, sweety drop peppers, Parmesan. Served with romaine salad, pumpkin seeds, balsamic vinaigrette.

it was alright — other choices were the chicken salad and burger. But by the time the FA got to me chicken salad was out.

Was not particularly impressed with the service on this flight today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.