Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: matchbox20_is
New menu link here

Current 2024 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, GUA, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
HND-SEA D1, Japanese Menu. Supposed to be served in courses but let's be honest, have not seen DL FAs follow that rule in a long time.

Wow, that’s just plain “rude”, to serve a nice elegant Japanese meal like that! Am amazed they managed to cram everything in on the one tray 👎

My HND-ATL in 2023 was done properly:

I have found that most of my D1 dining in the past few months have been served in courses…when it first came out, it was all over the place with many pursers still doing it with one tray but I haven’t seen those much lately…
dw, doubleA and secretalcoholic like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by traveler4ever
Does anyone know if the "Simply prepared roasted chicken" from LGA to PBI is white meat chicken breast, or dark meat? TIA...
it’s basically a grilled chicken paillard. Side of grilled tomato, haricot verts and quinoa. It’s very simple. And it’s one of the best domestic meals I’ve had, maybe ever, because it’s not heavy, laden with carbs and sodium. I felt good after I ate it!

(it isn’t roasted, so not sure why the menu says it js. It’s simply grilled.)
traveler4ever, Sant and DLASflyer like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by marshmeli
Finally able to post that picture...

I had the Salad and it is surprisingly filling for a flight of that length especially if you don't want anything heavy like the Meatballs. The dressing definitely had a kick to it. I know someone else who ordered the shrimp limited selection and liked it but thought it was strange especially when they serve a shrimp appetizer with a ton of aioli.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:08 pm

Limited selection from EZE

Has anyone experienced the Boston Butt?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
1/7/2024, DL777, ATL-LAS, Breakfast

Pre select menu

Went with the chilaquiles frittata. Ended up being pretty good, much better than the breakfast I had on United a few weeks ago. Would order again. My seat mate got the scrambled eggs which also looked very good. The fruit was all great too and so was the little side muffin. Service on this flight was great too.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
1/7/2024, DL1319, LAS-MSP, Dinner

Pre select menu

Went with the meatballs. These were a little overcooked (seemed to be in the oven a little long), but were still pretty good. I actually found the side salad to be quite pleasant too, one of the better salads I've had on Delta lately. The chocolate cake dessert I wasn't a huge fan of but I don't like chocolate, if you like chocolate this would probably be a hit for you. Great service from this crew too.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
EZE/ATL. Advance ordering didn't get relayed to crew. Once again, all courses except dessert served at once. Delayed flight but still ask. This has been the MO on this route for my last 3 trips. Cold soup, gummy pasta, no beverage service during the meal (just with the nuts, had to flag the crew for more). Service was atrocious, food was marginal. Dessert service consisted of the FA carrying a tray of the 3 options and you took the one you wanted. No offer of a beverage.

What crap

Flan wasn't bad.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: DL DM PM
DL 1627
MSY - SLC
Jan 8 - Dinner in F

I had preordered the mushroom ravioli and it was available. Good service on this flight which was delayed 4.5 hours owing to diverted inbound (storms in NOLA area) which eventually timed out so we got a new plane (not sure why that couldn't have happened hours earlier). Drinks and meals delivered in same service - not sure if this was because of very late departure. No PDB offered but boarding process was super-quick again owing to delay so I'm sure that was the reason.

The ravioli were fine - moist and plump. I wasn't keen on the chewy things on top, likely they were sun-dried tomatoes. Bits of artichoke and spinach were tasty. Salad was ok. Dessert very stodgy but I had a couple of bites - and found some very sweet cherry goo the other side of the plate which moistened things a bit.

I'd had a glass of wine while waiting at the airport so didn't drink on board and can't comment on that aspect, but my soda water did come with a lime, which I appreciated. Hot tea afterward was not good - no selection and I didn't see a teabag, just a cup of lukewarm brown liquid.

Nice to fly DL again as I typically avoid owing to Sad Boxes. Wish they'd stop the awful boarding music blasting, but otherwise decent flight.

Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ATL/MEX. The chilaquiles sooflay or whatever it was called. Quite tasty, with a good kick. Banner Butter, too. And nothing like fresh canned Georgia peaches! Overall, a solid breakfast and much better than the dreck from EZE
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Has anyone experienced the Boston Butt?
I had it a few weeks ago on the same route. Not my favorite. Link
As noted elsewhere, service on the EZE routes is really lacking.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by tubesoxs
I had it a few weeks ago on the same route. Not my favorite. Link
As noted elsewhere, service on the EZE routes is really lacking.
guess it goes with the very low fares.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shoodawg
guess it goes with the very low fares.
D1 very low fares on this route? Huh?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:47 pm

Dtw->Iah. One of the better meals I have had recently. Would order again.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
D1 very low fares on this route? Huh?
JFK some days
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
BOS-MSY
A319

Breakfast
January 2024
(Do&Co Menu)

French Toast with bacon, strawberry compote, maple syrup.

The meal was decent; both the French toast and the bacon were on the less-done side (which I prefer). The bacon is absolutely necessary because the meal is VERY sweet otherwise.
Croissant was warmed and served with French butter (not the Banner butter) which was nice with the French toast.

Fruit was ripe and real, 100% maple syrup was served. Quick, prompt, friendly service from this BOS crew amidst some moderate turbulence.

My seatmate had the turkey and cheese omelette with potatoes. He said it was good; not dry or watery. Do&Co seems to always do a decent job.!

hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.