Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: matchbox20_is
New menu link here

Current 2024 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, GUA, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by zeke3
Do you really want Delta to increase its sad box routes?
this is all about 25 minute routes.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by zeke3
Do you really want Delta to increase its sad box routes?
I would be quite happy if Delta served sad boxes on all flights under, say, 800 miles.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Have a flight on April 3rd in D1 SFO to JFK. The menu selection I received today is the same as the March menu I see right now. Will my selection change April 1st? Or do they serve the previous menu for the first few days of the next month?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Could be wrong, but I don't think Delta has done monthly meal updates/rotations since pre-pandemic. It's a slower and less predictable change now.
Minnyappleus and Frozenguy like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by findark
Could be wrong, but I don't think Delta has done monthly meal updates/rotations since pre-pandemic. It's a slower and less predictable change now.
interesting I could have sworn I saw it change monthly. But I wasn’t actually looking too hard or often and maybe just caught a few changes that happen to be around the new month. Thanks for the insight!
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I believe it now changes quarterly.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:30 pm
pjs

DL947 ATL-SAN Meatloaf

It was actually very tasty.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
I've been booked by another party on a United Polaris itinerary for my upcoming trip to China. (Not going to complain; they're flying me business class.) I'm expecting the hard product possibly to be better and the soft product almost certainly to be worse, including the food. Should I post pictures for comparison afterward?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
I've been booked by another party on a United Polaris itinerary for my upcoming trip to China. (Not going to complain; they're flying me business class.) I'm expecting the hard product possibly to be better and the soft product almost certainly to be worse, including the food. Should I post pictures for comparison afterward?
I would be curious to see it. a Friend of mine is a frequent flyer with United and the domestic food usually looks much better than what Delta has.
chipbennett likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I would be curious to see it. a Friend of mine is a frequent flyer with United and the domestic food usually looks much better than what Delta has.
That does not seem to be the general view of the UA domestic meal thread.

Greener grass (apologies to Mr. Brooks) and all that, I guess.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
That does not seem to be the general view of the UA domestic meal thread.

Greener grass (apologies to Mr. Brooks) and all that, I guess.
Maybe it's just because he goes IAD-SEA and back? I feel like on DAL I only ever get a sadbox or some weird combo of ingredients that on their own sound impressive but don't belong together.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Maybe it's just because he goes IAD-SEA and back? I feel like on DAL I only ever get a sadbox or some weird combo of ingredients that on their own sound impressive but don't belong together.
Who's "he"?

(the reference to Jeb Brooks was just because his travel vlog empire is "Greener Grass")

The UA meal threads (both Polaris and domestic) are littered with "why can't UA care about catering like DL does" posts (though admittedly the sad boxes may be somewhat unknown on that side of the fence).
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
Who's "he"?

(the reference to Jeb Brooks was just because his travel vlog empire is "Greener Grass")

The UA meal threads (both Polaris and domestic) are littered with "why can't UA care about catering like DL does" posts (though admittedly the sad boxes may be somewhat unknown on that side of the fence).
he is my friend who is a united frequent flyer who sends me photos of better meals
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by chipbennett
Soft product other than the food will be better as well. You’ll get pajamas and a mattress pad if you ask for them. FAs are no better or worse than Delta's for international J.

As for the food, I hope you like brown lumps in brown sauce. I would characterize most Polaris meals as cafeteria quality.
chipbennett likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:23 pm

What should I pick?

Spoiler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.