Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: matchbox20_is
New menu link here

Current 2024 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, GUA, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cop35758
Suggestions on the options below? SEA > ATL.
I’ve had the cheeseburger, though not ex-SEA. Overall it’s a good choice. Only risk is sometimes the bun becomes hard as a rock. But other times not. I do like to take the side salad and use it as toppings for the burger.

I have had the spinach and cheese agnolotti out of SEA, though it was back when it was served with Alfredo sauce. It’s your standard grocery store pasta. Can’t speak for the tomato sauce or sweetydrop peppers.

My spouse recently had the hemplers smoked chicken salad and loved it. I tried a bite and was impressed, especially with the tomato chili dressing.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:22 pm

For upcoming D1 return from to JFK from LAX, seeing new option (I usually go with the Johnny & Vinny Meatballs). Now i see CACIO E PEPE LASAGNA (bechamel sauce). I love lasagna and cacio e pepe, so intrigued. Anyone try this yet?

Also looking forward to the new Wines on board.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:40 pm

For the above, i have had success with burger, never had the peppered chicken and that sounds like something i would eat.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cop35758
Suggestions on the options below? SEA > ATL.
I like the pasta with the sweety peppers -- pretty tasty. I usually like chicken salads and have tried the Hempler's out of SEA a couple of times but find the chicken super salty. The chix salad out of LAX is really good!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:39 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The Big D e-mailed me a choice for my flight on 1/10 DTW-SEA of a pulled beef sandwich or a prawn salad. I chose the latter, as the description made it sound similar to a "Louie" salad they serve in restaurants in San Francisco. We'll find out soon enough (weather permitting).
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:09 pm

Choices for MEX-DTW (Jan12):

Ravioli, I guess...
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by omxfl
Choices for MEX-DTW (Jan12):

Ravioli, I guess...
I usually go w the short rib, it has always been pretty good
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
The Big D e-mailed me a choice for my flight on 1/10 DTW-SEA of a pulled beef sandwich or a prawn salad. I chose the latter, as the description made it sound similar to a "Louie" salad they serve in restaurants in San Francisco. We'll find out soon enough (weather permitting).
The pulled beef out of DTW is very good.

Had a turkey sandwich sad box the other day LGA-EYW. My expectations were low, and they were met. It was actually edible! As far as sad boxes go, not half bad.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by marshmeli
I usually go w the short rib, it has always been pretty good
The short rib out of MEX is not as good as the ones offered in the US in my opinion.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:02 pm

Finally able to post that picture...

Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if the "Simply prepared roasted chicken" from LGA to PBI is white meat chicken breast, or dark meat? TIA...
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by traveler4ever
Does anyone know if the "Simply prepared roasted chicken" from LGA to PBI is white meat chicken breast, or dark meat? TIA...
Chicken breast.
traveler4ever likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:09 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
HND-SEA D1, Japanese Menu. Supposed to be served in courses but let's be honest, have not seen DL FAs follow that rule in a long time.

Kobachi
  • eggplant with grated ginger, gluten teriyaki with tofu and vinegar sauce, mizuna and enoki mushrooms, braised squid with sake wine, smoked salmon with miso, simmered shrimp with spicy konjac, chicken and cabbage in ponzu sauce

Braised Japanese Beef Short Rib
  • radish, carrots, shimeji mushroom, soy sauce, Japanese mustard, Gihey rice, Japanese pickles, miso soup
Breakfast -
Brown Rice Pudding
  • berry sauce, pumpkin seeds, coconut shavings

dw and GagaPilot like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Did you ask for no sauce or did they forget the sauce?
served that way - I actually preferred it without sauce.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 4:27 pm

“Chicken stew” was very bland but better than most lunch meals, I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.