Wiki Posts
Search

New Status Tracker Not Ready

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
New Status Tracker Not Ready

Delta announced changes to Medallion earning months ago but apparently that wasn’t enough time to update the website and app earning trackers for 1/1. They still show MQM/MQS/MQD. There is a note that says new tracker coming soon. This will confuse people.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
My status also has not been updated, I should have been downgraded to GM but it does not seem to have changed yet, though everything else was wiped out. Are they doing soft landings? I was just a few thousand MQMs away.

ETA: Nevermind I see that it changes on 1/31.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Delta announced changes to Medallion earning months ago but apparently that wasn’t enough time to update the website and app earning trackers for 1/1. They still show MQM/MQS/MQD. There is a note that says new tracker coming soon. This will confuse people.
The website specifically mentions 1/5 as the date it will be ready (app says coming soon)..

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
My status also has not been updated, I should have been downgraded to GM but it does not seem to have changed yet, though everything else was wiped out. Are they doing soft landings? I was just a few thousand MQMs away.

ETA: Nevermind I see that it changes on 1/31.
Status always downgrades on 2/1.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
They had months to get this stuff ready. Looked at the app this AM and was surprised to see the MQM tracker still there, just zeroed out.
demkr, Ascii, Seabilly and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Maybe a little patience? We are only hours into 2024.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
This is yet another example of Delta IT causing needless headaches for both customers and customer service reps. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to transition over on the 1st.

But, regardless, I have partner flights coming up this week, hopefully there will be no issues with posting
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
American Express is the same way, still showing the availability of four mileage boosts in 2024 with the Reserve Card.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:44 am

Oh my. If you have made status for 2025 you won’t know today. 😂
Adam1222, dmbolp, hhdl and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:51 am

I don’t even want to think of the IT issues come February 2025 when they start limiting SC visits. SMH
BigFishDave and demkr like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Oh my. If you have made status for 2025 you won’t know today. 😂
Based on some D1 fares published, it’s now possible to be pax that get PM locked up after just 1 RT D1 SYD trip.
DrMilano and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
IMHO, it’s smart IT change management. Don’t make major changes to say website or product while people are on vacation.

No one is going to be confused today… the only people looking at it are “in the know.”
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by emma dog
IMHO, it’s smart IT change management. Don’t make major changes to say website or product while people are on vacation.
It’s amateur hour nonsense. You have the change completed and tested well before the day it needs to go live, ready in production but time bombed. That’s how competent organizations would handle something like this.
demkr, kale73, WGM and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Tracker is only showing future MQD earnings for 2024 which is correct. It’s a IT tease for the AmEx spend tracker still showing.
Synapseturquoise and dw like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by demkr
This is yet another example of Delta IT causing needless headaches for both customers and customer service reps. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to transition over on the 1st.

But, regardless, I have partner flights coming up this week, hopefully there will be no issues with posting
What needless headaches are there beyond the needless complaints in this thread?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by DLHubber
It’s amateur hour nonsense. You have the change completed and tested well before the day it needs to go live, ready in production but time bombed. That’s how competent organizations would handle something like this.
Remember, they have to stick with tradition: It always took them five days (or so) to do the MQM rollover and another few tasks on January 1, so why would it be faster this time?
GagaPilot, DrMilano, hhdl and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.