Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does $2500 MQD bonus for Amex cards apply if card isn't obtained until 4-2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2023, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

The literature is clear that the four AMEX cards will each bring in $2500 MQD start up bonus for 2024. What isn't clear to me at least is whether this offer applies if you don't take out the AMEX card until after February 2024. In other words, do you get this bonus if you get your AMEX card in April 2024 and don't have it when the rollover occurs on February 1st.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 12:34 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by hankmydog
The literature is clear that the four AMEX cards will each bring in $2500 MQD start up bonus for 2024. What isn't clear to me at least is whether this offer applies if you don't take out the AMEX card until after February 2024. In other words, do you get this bonus if you get your AMEX card in April 2024 and don't have it when the rollover occurs on February 1st.
No one knows with Delta IT, but Amex and DL are usually closely linked and I think within a month after you get card when statement hits DL will show the MQD
Of course there are speculations that if you close a DL Amex the MQD will get reversed, but real life DP are needed
e.g.
you have a DL amex for 11 months and close in Dec 2024 - does MQD get reversed?
You have no DL cards till Nov 24, but then get 4 - do you get MQDx4 = Gold?
Subject for future threads
Old Dec 2, 2023, 12:56 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
This is addressed in Deltas FAQs regarding the 2024 changes:

New Card Members or Card Members upgrading to an eligible Card will see their MQD Headstart applied approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the issuance of the Card, and in future years on or after February 1.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by dw
New Card Members or Card Members upgrading to an eligible Card will see their MQD Headstart applied approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the issuance of the Card, and in future years on or after February 1.
Oh, interesting, this implies it is more than a one-time benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.