Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Old Fashioned International Mileage Upgrade vs the Seat Map upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old Fashioned International Mileage Upgrade vs the Seat Map upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
Very helpful. Thanks again for bringing clarity as I prepare a plan to get this ticket during July 2024.
Unfortunately, I have no control over the dates as this is a meeting of churches from around the world focused on "Pentecost Sunday" (6/8/25).
Surely you can arrange (at your own expense) to arrive a day or two early and/or depart a day or two after the meeting ends. This could cost less than a more expensive ticket or bigger upgrade fee. TATL fares, fare availability, and upgrade availability can be highly dependent on the day of the week.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Surely you can arrange (at your own expense) to arrive a day or two early and/or depart a day or two after the meeting ends. This could cost less than a more expensive ticket or bigger upgrade fee. TATL fares, fare availability, and upgrade availability can be highly dependent on the day of the week.
Yes, this could save quite a bit on fares by leaving earlier. Assuming the seasonal fares extend through May 28th next year for Memorial day window, leaving early on the 28th would still qualify the outbound fare (just not the return fare) for the seasonal fares. If the fares are similar to what they are this year, the savings could be in the $700 - $800 range (in addition to potential savings due to being a mid-week departure).

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 25, 2024 at 6:17 pm
Old Feb 25, 2024, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You have never failed to give me sound advice that made my travel experience better.
I hesitate to mention that on 7/1/23 I had to surrender my full-time job with a travel budget due to my wife's health. We moved to another state to get her close to immediate family.
The medical expenses have impacted my personal resources while I search for a more secure financial base. When there is marginal support from the office for which I still travel domestically, I depend on SM and Marriott points with no GUCs as I dropped this year from being a charter DM to PM having undertaken an expensive and demanding move last year. I could not even use 2 GUCs (expired 1/31/24) that were difficult to transfer due to the restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.