Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Delta 8292?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2023, 6:19 am
Original Poster

What is Delta 8292?

I am booked on Delta 8292, operated by Air France, on Feb 17, 2024. It is scheduled at depart ATL at 11:30pm Saturday night and arrive Paris at 1:55pm Sunday. I do not know the AirFrance flight number, it is not shown with my ticket details on the website. The problem is that I cannot find an Air France flight on this date and time on either the Air France website or Google flights. Is it possible Air France cancelled this flight and Delta doesn't know it yet?

Old Nov 23, 2023, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Note: I bought the tickets through Delta, the rest of the trip is on delta metal. After more searching, this flight may be Air France 687. I tried to buy this flight on the Delta website just now and it is not showing up there as available either now.

Last edited by pfreet; Nov 23, 2023 at 6:29 am Reason: Additional info
Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The third daily 11:30PM AF flight was dropped from January schedule a few weeks ago (it was only 2x daily last January as well).

Looks like they are planning on dropping it from February schedule as well with flight not returning until March 2nd. They have only zeroed out fare bucket inventory on flights right now and have not actually cancelled the flight yet (neither AF nor DL codeshare). There is no point in calling DL until it has actually been cancelled (they will just tell you it is still showing in schedule). Schedule update will likely happen Saturday morning as typical. Although it can take a week or more for partner cutbacks to filter back to DL codeshare flights.

You can use the Times slider on Google Flights to see likely current planned operating schedule for AF687 for now (it will show no prices on days when fare bucket inventory is currently zeroed out or flight does not operate).

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 23, 2023 at 8:22 am
Old Nov 23, 2023, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you xliioper! Exactly what I was looking to find. Not wanting to wait, and be unable to find a comfort+ seat (PM), I paid the $75 difference and now in C+ on Delta 82.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
For future reference, to find the operating airlines flight number for code share flights booked on Delta, in tiny print at the very bottom of the your email flight receipt you will find a notation such as this: *Flight 8292 Operated by AIR FRANCE as AF flt 687.

(As it happens, Im on that flight next week.)
dw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.