Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MM status and earnings via award tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MM status and earnings via award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Until quite recently, award tickets never earned anything.

My understanding is that after the end of 2023, only BIS miles will count for MM status, whether they're flown on paid or award tickets. There won't be anymore class of service bonuses.
Just wait for a major economic downturn for the class of service bonus to return. Pre-COVID DL never awarded anything for a reward ticket such as MQM and MQD.

Pre-MQM’s over 10 years ago there was never a class of service bonus for MM status.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta 1.7MM United 1MM Hhonors Lifetime Diamond Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Plus
Originally Posted by DrMilano
Just wait for a major economic downturn for the class of service bonus to return. Pre-COVID DL never awarded anything for a reward ticket such as MQM and MQD.

Pre-MQM’s over 10 years ago there was never a class of service bonus for MM status.
Which Airline (DL, NW, or Continental)? I'm 99% certain I got it on NW and Continental. When they were all RDM, and Northwest had the bonus for class of service, I know I got the bonus of 50% that counted towards my status, but I rarely flew in paid J back then, because even silver elite's were getting upgraded 75% of the time on domestic NW metal. I got the class of service bonus on Continental flying to OGG from MCO..... in 2004

So I know I was getting class of service bonuses towards status back then.... and I am pretty sure I got them towards MM as well

Last edited by pvrMM3; Nov 21, 2023 at 11:26 am Reason: clarification
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvrMM3
Which Airline (DL, NW, or Continental)? I'm 99% certain I got it on NW and Continental. When they were all RDM, and Northwest had the bonus for class of service, I know I got the bonus of 50% that counted towards my status, but I rarely flew in paid J back then, because even silver elite's were getting upgraded 75% of the time on domestic NW metal. I got the class of service bonus on Continental flying to OGG from MCO..... in 2004
It was DL and was actually 20 years ago in 2003 that they started using MQM (with class of service bonuses) for status and MM mileage -- https://web.archive.org/web/20031004...nges/index.jsp
DrMilano likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott LT Platinum
Has anyone confirmed with Delta? I suppose we won't know until someone flies on an award ticket in the new year to see if their Million Miler balance changes.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM
I just messaged Delta SkyMiles support and they are saying "award travel will not earn toward Million Miler status"
Old Dec 8, 2023, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DynaxCA
I just messaged Delta SkyMiles support and they are saying "award travel will not earn toward Million Miler status"
Frontline agents have no clue. There's really no point in pestering them. As has been shown time and time again, they will just make something up if they don't know the answer. Unless DL puts up something with more details on new MM program at https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler, it's unlikely it will be definitively known until the first.
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Frontline agents have no clue. There's really no point in pestering them. As has been shown time and time again, they will just make something up if they don't know the answer. Unless DL puts up something with more details on new MM program at https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler, it's unlikely it will be definitively known until the first.
Fully agree. Let’s hope that at least BIS miles count towards MM status.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:41 pm

Has anyone flown an award ticket in 2024 yet?

Did you accrue miles towards MM status?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
New tracker has submenu “Recent Activity” which has a detailed breakdown of pending MQD’s including pending miles (non bonus RDM). I have an upcoming international award ticket next week mixed with KLM flights and showing both pending MQD’s and pending miles. So yes, award travel will count towards MM status. Only glitch is JFK-AMS on KLM metal is 2,004 miles whereas MXP-JFK is 5,269 miles on DL metal.
Firstboss likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New tracker has submenu “Recent Activity” which has a detailed breakdown of pending MQD’s including pending miles (non bonus RDM). I have an upcoming international award ticket next week mixed with KLM flights and showing both pending MQD’s and pending miles. So yes, award travel will count towards MM status. Only glitch is JFK-AMS on KLM metal is 2,004 miles whereas MXP-JFK is 5,269 miles on DL metal.
Pending miles showing in Account Activity is pending RDMs (which award flights shouldn't earn), not MMs. Sounds like there is still some buginess if it is showing pending miles for award flights.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Pending miles showing in Account Activity is pending RDMs (which award flights shouldn't earn), not MMs. Sounds like there is still some buginess if it is showing pending miles for award flights.

Agree -- also, regardless of AF/KLM/ or other SkyTeam metal, what will probably matter is whether the ticket was DL marketed or not. I have few trips lined up this year with AF (yes, AF metal and AF marketed and paid J) - still not sure if I will earn BIS miles for MM status.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:13 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Agree -- also, regardless of AF/KLM/ or other SkyTeam metal, what will probably matter is whether the ticket was DL marketed or not. I have few trips lined up this year with AF (yes, AF metal and AF marketed and paid J) - still not sure if I will earn BIS miles for MM status.
how hard is it to grasp that only flights on DL will count towards DL MM starting next month?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
how hard is it to grasp that only flights on DL will count towards DL MM starting next month?
Can you please point me to the official DL language on this? I am not interested in FT hearsay.

Below is the official language...as far as I can tell, there is no language suggesting that BIS miles from "only" DL metal/marketed flights will count towards MM status.

Last edited by metalblaze; Jan 5, 2024 at 6:23 am
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:14 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Can you please point me to the official DL language on this? I am not interested in FT hearsay.

Below is the official language...as far as I can tell, there is no language suggesting that BIS miles from "only" DL metal/marketed flights will count towards MM status.

This part has my attention

So does this mean if on Feb 2024 I am awarded annual Plat and before the end of the year I qualify for Diamond it is not until Feb 2025 I receive any benefits? It is the "or higher" that suggests this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: Diamond DL
i have award flight wit aeromexico and another with Airfrance, in pending i see both 0 Miles ,only MQD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.