Search

MM status changes - when?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023, 2:40 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
MM status changes - when?

So I have read the multitude of prose on the DL site and here but can't seem to get this answer: When? January 1, 2024 or February 1, 2024? I have found two places on the DL site one referencing one and then another referencing the later. I hit the 4MM mark last month and am now "Platinum" and I have the ability to choose my 1 Choice benefit for 2024. I am planning some international travel for next year and am wondering if the new Diamond status will be granted effective 1/1/24 or 2/1/24? As an ex Diamond, I am looking forward to getting the GUC's back and the Clear membership.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
Since the program resets on Feb 1st each year, it would make sense that's when the Lifetime status changes as well. Will "choice awards" be granted on lifetime status? Maybe only on actual level achieved each year. I didn't see that info.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:07 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GregInMN
Since the program resets on Feb 1st each year, it would make sense that's when the Lifetime status changes as well. Will "choice awards" be granted on lifetime status? Maybe only on actual level achieved each year. I didn't see that info.
Others have reported that historically the choice benefits have been included, now will that continue? I hope so, otherwise the change doesn't bring a lot of value.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 3:05 am

The new MM enhancements takes place at the start of the new Medallion year: 2/1/2024. Note that the "lifetime" complimentary status is not a one-time designation, but is actually awarded on an annual basis each new Medallion year (until the next Medallion rules change). A Delta representative confirmed to TPG that the status includes getting the Platinum benefit choice for 2MM and above recipients. Both Platinum and Diamond benefits are awarded for 3MM and a above. I personally am looking forward to what benefits the mysterious 360⁰ status means in addition to the Platinum/Diamond benefits arriving 2/1/2024, as I cross the 5MM line by the middle of Nov.
DrMilano, busdriver11 and pbjag like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Until January 31 2024 everyone still enjoys the status they had in 2023
Old Oct 25, 2023, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
It is interesting that, even though I am a 3MM, the DL website still says that my status for next year will be PM.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
It is interesting that, even though I am a 3MM, the DL website still says that my status for next year will be PM.
And the website will continue to show you as a PM until 1 February 2024, when you’ll then become a “lifetime” complimentary DM!
Old Oct 31, 2023, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Originally Posted by audidudi
And the website will continue to show you as a PM until 1 February 2024, when you’ll then become a “lifetime” complimentary DM!
Actually, it should continue showing me to be DM until 2/1/24, since that is my current status.

I just received this email form CLEAR:
"Your membership renews on December 1, 2023. Unless your SkyMiles Medallion® Status changes before that time, your CLEAR membership will continue to be complimentary as a part of your Diamond Medallion benefits. As we continue investing in the CLEAR Plus experience, we have updated our pricing:
Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Member, the price for your primary account will increase from $109 to $149 on your renewal date"

If I interpret the CLEAR email literally, since I will still be a DM (my current status) on 12/1/23, I should continue to get complementary CLEAR from 12/1/23 forward.

Why am I not confident of that interpretation? (Past experience?) Why do I wonder if there isn't a Catch-22 hidden somewhere in that communication?

I don't want them extracting the PM cost of membership on 12/31/23, only to have that payment made unnecessary on 2/1/ 2024.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:55 am

Clear wants to charge me $40 for longer lines and surly staff. 😂
BigFishDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.