Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New 2025 Choice Benefits for Platinum and Diamond Medallion Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium

Received the updated choice benefits e-mail, as these are the additions and not impressed. Was hopping for better use of GUC’s but still status quo.
  • An individual or executive Delta Sky Club membership
  • A head start of 2,000 MQDs toward the next Medallion Qualification Year
  • 35,000 bonus miles for you to use, gift or donate
  • A $350 Delta Travel Voucher for use on Delta flights or Delta Vacations packages
  • A new Wheels Up flight credit
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
While nice to have the individual SC membership option back, note that it will require 2 choice benefits so that makes it of questionable value.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I noticed that they said these are the enhancements to the choice benefits, but nowhere does it show the full list. Are we sure RUC and GUC options remain unchanged??
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan
While nice to have the individual SC membership option back, note that it will require 2 choice benefits so that makes it of questionable value.
I'm guessing that the executive SC membership will cost three DM choice benefits, but this wasn't specified in the announcements I've seem.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by rylan
Not sure if it's worth two benefits either but when you look at the vlaue of the ecredit and skypeso choices....

I think I'll just pay for a membership in 2025 since my reserve cards are worthless seeing I'll be diamond for five more years and don't need the MQD's and just spl;it the charge between my vanilla platinum and Hilton AmEx and that will generate $450 in airline credits, netting the amount to only $245
Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
For me, the only Choice Beni worthwhile are the GUC's, which are now worth a fraction of their past value, since they changed to a 1 class upgrade. Premium Select is almost as expensive (sometimes more!) than business class on other airlines.
This in addition to the crazy inflated prices for using Skymiles really makes me wonder what value I am getting out of Diamond status.
650k miles for a business class ticket to Asia? Crazy! Especially when other airlines offer 160k for the same ticket.
I was really hoping to see GUC's being changed to a 2 class upgrade...but that has hopeful thinking.
ebayj and busdriver11 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
What happens to MQD's at the end of 2024?
Let's say I end the year with 8,000 MQD's which is enough to make me Silver in 2025 at 5,000.
But what happens to those other 3,000 I didn't use because I didn't make it to the 10,000 Gold threshold?
They're gone, correct? I begin 2025 with 0 MQD's? (Unless they continue the $2500 Head Start another year.)
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by Boony1970
For me, the only Choice Beni worthwhile are the GUC's, which are now worth a fraction of their past value, since they changed to a 1 class upgrade. Premium Select is almost as expensive (sometimes more!) than business class on other airlines.
This in addition to the crazy inflated prices for using Skymiles really makes me wonder what value I am getting out of Diamond status.
650k miles for a business class ticket to Asia? Crazy! Especially when other airlines offer 160k for the same ticket.
I was really hoping to see GUC's being changed to a 2 class upgrade...but that has hopeful thinking.
650k to Asia is actually decent value vs the cash prices I’ve seen. $20k+ will make it a 3cpm value.
I’d like to see the option to use 2 CB for GUC (2x4), OR 4 at DM and an extra for every $x k in spend over the DM threshold.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:37 pm

Are we 100% sure that exchanging 100k MQMs for a DM status extension includes CBs?? What good is DM with no CBs??
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Are we 100% sure that exchanging 100k MQMs for a DM status extension includes CBs?? What good is DM with no CBs??

We are zero percent sure on this. We have nothing but opinions and Delta chat with at least partially incorrect answers. So nobody knows yet.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Not sure if it's worth two benefits either but when you look at the vlaue of the ecredit and skypeso choices....

I think I'll just pay for a membership in 2025 since my reserve cards are worthless seeing I'll be diamond for five more years and don't need the MQD's and just spl;it the charge between my vanilla platinum and Hilton AmEx and that will generate $450 in airline credits, netting the amount to only $245
Can you do that? It didn't seem to be an option when I purchased mine online, but maybe it's possible if you do the transaction in the club.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Nevermind... Outdated info
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
What happens to MQD's at the end of 2024?
Let's say I end the year with 8,000 MQD's which is enough to make me Silver in 2025 at 5,000.
But what happens to those other 3,000 I didn't use because I didn't make it to the 10,000 Gold threshold?
They're gone, correct? I begin 2025 with 0 MQD's? (Unless they continue the $2500 Head Start another year.)
Yes. Per the main page, "MQDs Reset Annually MQD spending will continue to reset each calendar year."

This is one of my annoyance about the new system. If Delta had become concerned that there was too much rollover, instead of abolishing it completely, they could have done something like cap it.
Going forward, the moment I attain the highest level of status that I can, I will sock-drawer my card, defer any discretionary leisure travel to the following year, and be a free agent on flights for the remainder of the year (which, in practice, means flying Delta often, given the status, but not exclusively, if superior price/convenience with another airline warrants it). This will cost them money needlessly.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:55 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
Yes. Per the main page, "MQDs Reset Annually MQD spending will continue to reset each calendar year."

Going forward, the moment I attain the highest level of status that I can, I will sock-drawer my card, defer any discretionary leisure travel to the following year, and be a free agent on flights for the remainder of the year (which, in practice, means flying Delta often, given the status, but not exclusively, if superior price/convenience with another airline warrants it). This will cost them money needlessly.
You should do that starting now and forget the first part about attaining status.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
Going forward, the moment I attain the highest level of status that I can, I will sock-drawer my card, defer any discretionary leisure travel to the following year, and be a free agent on flights for the remainder of the year (
That's what I'm thinking too. In my situation I know I will make the 5,000 MQD threshold but no way can make 10,000. So once I reach 5,000 (or know what's in the queue that I will make it), it seems pointless to use my DL AX Reserve card for anymore spending. The MQD's I would earn would just get wasted. I can put my charges on other cards, it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.