FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New 2025 Choice Benefits for Platinum and Diamond Medallion Members
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:39 pm
Spent_All_My_Miles

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
What happens to MQD's at the end of 2024?
Let's say I end the year with 8,000 MQD's which is enough to make me Silver in 2025 at 5,000.
But what happens to those other 3,000 I didn't use because I didn't make it to the 10,000 Gold threshold?
They're gone, correct? I begin 2025 with 0 MQD's? (Unless they continue the $2500 Head Start another year.)
Yes. Per the main page, "MQDs Reset Annually MQD spending will continue to reset each calendar year."

This is one of my annoyance about the new system. If Delta had become concerned that there was too much rollover, instead of abolishing it completely, they could have done something like cap it.
Going forward, the moment I attain the highest level of status that I can, I will sock-drawer my card, defer any discretionary leisure travel to the following year, and be a free agent on flights for the remainder of the year (which, in practice, means flying Delta often, given the status, but not exclusively, if superior price/convenience with another airline warrants it). This will cost them money needlessly.