Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No More Beverage Service in FC on Short Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First

Maybe I've had an unlucky streak... maybe I'm just irritated after hitting segment 187 of the year (across all airlines) tonight. Not having a great run with Delta, from the Sky Club telling me they don't change flights anymore (call the 800 number) to a Red Coat having to come to the gate and instruct the agent to take off a non-rev she cleared an hour before departure to put me on after a flight cancelation. Or standing up to eat in the C Sky Club since there were no seats unless I got someone to move their bag from one of those stools on the side and shoved in shoulder to shoulder between two people on laptops.

But tonight on ATL-CLT was the third time in as many weeks on this route and once on BNA-ATL where there was zero service in First in flight. Tonight the seatbelt sign was off for about 25 minutes of the 45 minute flight. We got a pass of PDBs on the ground, the snack basket after they picked up those cups on the ground, and not a single sighting of a F/A in the air. This some sort of new thing?

Find it kind of silly that on a similar length flight, Spirit can roll carts and offer to sell/actually sell quite a few drinks/snacks to 228 people between FLL and MCO but Delta can't manage a cup of soda to 12 people in 25 minutes of absolute smooth air. On Contour Airlines yesterday on a 45 minute flight the F/A served all 30 passengers a full service. Or is the policy with Delta now PDB or inflight beverage, not both?
hi55us, chica, busdriver11 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
It is just a pattern of general degradation in service. Please write to Delta / submit a complaint. I don't know if senior execs at DL give a crap anymore, but if they do, (and I sure hope so), letting them know what is happening on the ground is the only way to make any change.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by arunhn
It is just a pattern of general degradation in service. Please write to Delta / submit a complaint. I don't know if senior execs at DL give a crap anymore, but if they do, (and I sure hope so), letting them know what is happening on the ground is the only way to make any change.
I wrote in as we were descending and taxiing to gate. I'll be interested to see the response.

They threw 3000 miles at me when replying 2 weeks after I wrote in last month about a flight where the F/A didn't pick up meal trays and disappeared. After 45 minutes of being done I took myself and seat mates trays to the galley because we needed to each use the lavatory. Coming up on two weeks from last complaint about rebooking fiasco without a reply. Hope I get a survey again to mark 0's down the list. Skymiles changes notwithstanding, just disappointing to see Delta employees having a DILLIGAF look on their face all the time.
Spiff, Ascii, AJNEDC and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
I got 10k for no drinks on a short flight (no turbulence, they didn’t even use the now all too common “the captain has asked us to remain in our seats”. I thought it was pretty generous and might mark a bit of an effort post the Skymiles/club change fiasco
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by JAXPax
Maybe I've had an unlucky streak... maybe I'm just irritated after hitting segment 187 of the year (across all airlines) tonight. Not having a great run with Delta, from the Sky Club telling me they don't change flights anymore (call the 800 number) to a Red Coat having to come to the gate and instruct the agent to take off a non-rev she cleared an hour before departure to put me on after a flight cancelation. Or standing up to eat in the C Sky Club since there were no seats unless I got someone to move their bag from one of those stools on the side and shoved in shoulder to shoulder between two people on laptops.

But tonight on ATL-CLT was the third time in as many weeks on this route and once on BNA-ATL where there was zero service in First in flight. Tonight the seatbelt sign was off for about 25 minutes of the 45 minute flight. We got a pass of PDBs on the ground, the snack basket after they picked up those cups on the ground, and not a single sighting of a F/A in the air. This some sort of new thing?

Find it kind of silly that on a similar length flight, Spirit can roll carts and offer to sell/actually sell quite a few drinks/snacks to 228 people between FLL and MCO but Delta can't manage a cup of soda to 12 people in 25 minutes of absolute smooth air. On Contour Airlines yesterday on a 45 minute flight the F/A served all 30 passengers a full service. Or is the policy with Delta now PDB or inflight beverage, not both?
Dictionary definition of Fast Ed’s “premium” airline:

of exceptional quality or greater value than others of its kind; superior.
DrMilano and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:20 am

There's a new internal culture campaign at delta. HR is driving the new "Keep Sitting" theme in order to help drive profit growth.
Spiff likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 6:16 am

I've noticed the same thing. I recently saw the snack basket on the ground - but nowhere in flight. What I truly also don't understand is when they say "due to the short duration," then we have another 45mins-1 hour in flight - where the flight attendant(s) may sit or talk and do nothing. Why doesn't Delta reimpose service standards - its made it clear business is fine.
Spiff, AJNEDC, chica and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines

Do they not come when you use the call button?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:51 am
Original Poster

I got a reply from DL this morning in record time.... which is rambling and hits on multiple topics I didn't even bring up. My complaint submittal was a short 4 sentences asking if their beverage service policy has changed, what occurred on my flight, and pointing out the seatbelt sign was even off for plenty of time.

Thank you for taking the time to write JAXPax. On behalf of Delta Air Lines, we appreciate the opportunity to review your concern. I would like to extend my sincere apologizes for your recent flight experience. I understand that you were seated in First class and you are dissatisfied with the amenities. We want to offer you the best service possible each and every time you travel with us.

I understand how important it is to enjoy a beverage and warm food during a flight while seated in First Class. While we limited some of the services we used to provide due to the pandemic, we have proudly began restoring new options to our First Class customers and will continue to do so over the coming months.

Entertainment is something our customers expect when they board our flights and I am disappointed you were not able to enjoy it. I'm sorry we didn't deliver what you've come to expect over the years. As a form of apology, I’m adding 2500 bonus miles to your SkyMiles account. They should be transferred into your account within three business days.

JAXPax, thank you for choosing Delta, we look forward to welcoming you onboard one of our flights soon.

Regards,

Luna Huddleston
Customer Care
Delta Air Lines
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:53 am

I got a reply from DL this morning in record time.... which is rambling and hits on multiple topics I didn't even bring up. My complaint submittal was a short 4 sentences asking if their beverage service policy has changed, what occurred on my flight, and pointing out the seatbelt sign was even off for plenty of time.
$25. Oh boy. So generous. Don’t spend it all at once.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by enviroian
Do they not come when you use the call button?
This is such an annoying passive aggressive comment that appears in all of these threads. It should not be incumbent on the customer to use the call button. The FAs should do their jobs without requiring prompting.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just part of the new 'PREMIUM' experience that Fast Eddie is promoting along with the gutting of the medallion 'loyalty' system.

Pay Up now for declining service. Maybe if you spend 500k on your DL credit card they'll come by with a beverage and snack!
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Find it kind of silly that on a similar length flight, Spirit can roll carts and offer to sell/actually sell quite a few drinks/snacks to 228 people between FLL and MCO but Delta can't manage a cup of soda to 12 people in 25 minutes of absolute smooth air.
If Delta made money serving soft drinks you can bet your a$$ they'd have those carts rolling down their aisles too....
AJNEDC likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl
If Delta made money serving soft drinks you can bet your a$$ they'd have those carts rolling down their aisles too....
“Flight attendants, stay seated, and keep the profits climbing.”
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl
…along with flight attendants aggressively pushing credit card signups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.