Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is DL 2MM still worth pursuing anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

My understanding is that a DL 2MM/LTG/LSTE+ still won't have access to any SCs when flying in Y. At least I'll have the annual right to buy an SC membership? 🙄

Is this milestone still worth pursuing, especially in the post-9/14/23 era?
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:32 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
How far away are you?
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
How far away are you?
Very far away...I'm currently at 186k.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Wouldn’t bother unless it happens organically. You’re 9% there.
Boraxo, lsquare and busdriver11 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:32 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
I've actually thought about this, since I'm at 1.5+ million lifetime Skydongs. It doesn't make sense to accumulate flight miles unless DL is flat out the best for price and schedule. But then, hypothetically, $10,000 in flight spend will get someone in Gold either 80K Skydongs, 80K AA miles or 80K United Miles. I have heard many LAX-TYO one-way J Class award redemptions at 60K miles with AA; DL's running at over 300K. Thus, either the Gold SM sticks with DL, buys into the supposed "premium" hype that "hopefully' translates to less IRROPS and better service, but be happy with Y class redemptions mostly OR that person goes with the other legacy carriers, bears with their problems, but can enjoy more J class redemptions. I'd be curious to hear what others think....
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:36 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Delta 2MM here. No it's not worth anything. I get zero benefit from it except for an agent or cabin attendant sometimes saying thank your for being a 2 million miler.

Last edited by 5khours; Oct 18, 2023 at 6:51 am
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
Delta 2MM here. No it's not worth anything. I get zero benefit from it except for a agent of cabin attendant sometimes saying thank your for being a 2 million miler.
Do you get access to SCs when flying in Y?
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:54 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Do you get access to SCs when flying in Y?
In theory yes, but the last time I flew economy on an international flight was about 5 million miles ago. It used to be that members with Gold status and above who had non-U.S. addresses had access to SC anywhere, any time regardless of whether or not they were flying Delta.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In theory yes, but the last time I flew economy on an international flight was about 5 million miles ago. It used to be that members with Gold status and above who had non-U.S. addresses had access to SC anywhere, any time regardless of whether or not they were flying Delta.
It was limited to GM+ Asia residents and the policy was a carry over from NW WorldClub access rules for Asia based Gold+ Elite members. DL eliminated it a bit after the merger -- Asia Gold+ No More SC Access

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 14, 2023 at 3:48 am
Old Oct 14, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
How far away are you?
I would say “go for it”. You are almost there and you also know that there won’t be any further devaluations since Delta is an “elite airline”. So, once you get to your goal you’ll have all these benefits to enjoy!
scklumb, ND76, BigFishDave and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
It was limited to GM+ Asia residents and the policy was a carry over from NW WorldClub access rules for Asia based Gold+ Elite members. DL eliminated it a bit after the merger -- Asia Gold+ No More SC Access
But lounge access is now eliminated altogether unless flying PY and above or have an SC membership?
Old Oct 14, 2023, 5:11 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
In theory, and in practice, the answer is NO SC access for international Y class.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pgh234
In theory, and in practice, the answer is NO SC access for international Y class.
Sucks that after spending all that time and money to reach 2MM, DL will still force us to either have a DL Reserve or buy an SC membership to enter an SC flying in Y.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
wouldn't 2MM help on the upgrade side of things vs. 1MM as MM status will become a factor in 2024?
pbjag likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Monoboy
wouldn't 2MM help on the upgrade side of things vs. 1MM as MM status will become a factor in 2024?
In theory, but we all know that DL would rather sell the seat.
Monoboy and lc412000 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.