Wiki Posts
Search

A Nice Note from a FA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:49 pm
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

A Nice Note from a FA

I know it seems that Delta is doing all the wrong things and trust me I am not a big fan right now but,

Little things make a difference.

Old Sep 20, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Received a note yesterday, DTW-SAN, thanking me for my loyalty, and congratulating me on hitting 1MM. I hit 1MM over 3 years ago, almost at 2MM now, so it gave me a bit of a laugh. I can't help but think DL is trying to add back some personal touches with all the changes.

My wife saw the note this morning on my desk with some of my expense reports and said "1 million miles? This is old news."
DrMilano likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by UnderEst
I can't help but think DL is trying to add back some personal touches with all the changes.
They have been doing this for a few years. As the to MM note, thanking you for making MM doesn't imply that it was recently. For sure, all a FA would see is MM status on the manifest, not MM duration.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:39 pm

We get notes leaving SJC pretty much every flight. Haven't received on anywhere else.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
My favorite is seeing peers post these notes as some sort brag as though they are so important they got one. I hate to break it to them-this is also DL marketing and they are instructed to do this when they can, its not as though the FA wrote you a personal note out of admiration. These are the same peers that go to stripclubs and think the stripper is talking to them for their personality.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by DLATL777
These are the same peers that go to stripclubs and think the stripper is talking to them for their personality.
wait…what?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Originally Posted by indufan
They have been doing this for a few years. As the to MM note, thanking you for making MM doesn't imply that it was recently. For sure, all a FA would see is MM status on the manifest, not MM duration.
Yes, quite aware, and it's been more than a few years. Easy 10+ years they've been doing this...but I haven't received one in quite some time - nor have I seen the purser hand out an entire stack on a flight. Just received another one on my SAN-SLC flight today before landing, along with at least 15-20 other passengers. 2 days in a row? Eh...I'd suspect something more is up here. It reminds me of when their handheld device would alert them to personally thank passengers for their loyalty, and a sure fire way to get a "thank you" was to have a complaint or flight issue/disruption previously. Haven't seen that in pop up in awhile.

...and yes, I know they just see the MM status, but I'd expect the note to say "Thank you for being a million miler" or "We appreciate your million miles" - not "Congratulations on becoming a 1 million miler! This is a huge milestone!" as the first line of my card. I know I'm being snarky, but I found it funny, and to me it does imply being somewhat recent. I just thought it was funny, knowing I'm about 40K away from 2MM, but no shade whatsoever.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by indufan
Yeah, I have gotten it even as a Silver, as well as multiple thank yous on various flights.

Same from Alaska (75K).

In comparison, nothing from United where I am a 1K, and fly the most. Others report differently.

Bottom line, I think Delta (and Alaska) crew are just trained better.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I used to regularly get notes like these, but I haven't gotten one for over a year. Maybe the Big D started having FAs give these out again because of the enmity Delta management caused.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Got this as a Gold in PS on a SLC-AMS flight on an AF ticket. But the wording was different and no "blessed." Strangely I've taken several other international flights on DL metal in PS on either DL or KL tickets and no notes.

On a different note (no pun intended), twice DL flight attendants handed me a note with their phone number.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
AF FAs are showing more love to me than DL FAs. They usually come with a tablet and personally thank me for flying AF, for my loyalty, and ask me if there's anything in particular I need.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Kevbeau
wait…what?
Analogy:

Strippers are talking to them to get their money, not to have a conversation. Aka its part of their jobs.

These letters are part of their jobs, not cause they actually admire the medallion member as a person, despite the many who take it (or brag about it) personally.
hockeystl, hikouki and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777
These are the same peers that go to stripclubs and think the stripper is talking to them for their personality.
I miss my cat when I travel longer than a few days, so I pay a stripper to sit on my lap and make me think she loves me.
DLATL777 and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
I don't know what I'd feel TODAY or on my future, long-planned Delta flights if I got these notes. On the one hand, I will be only gracious to the FAs because of human decency. ON THE OTHER HAND, this feels like pouring salt on the wound that DL corporate inflicted. I've been loyal with them since 2003, and then they give me a note that says, "..it's the journey that makes the difference?" Well, the 20-year journey I've had quite exclusively with them doesn't seem to matter much to them anymore. Yes all the good treatment REALLY is a marketing ploy for us to 'feel appreciated,' and for quite a while I admittedly fell for the Jedi mindtricks they pulled - but no more. Thanks Delta for pushing it hard so that enough of us realize how transactional everything really has been.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: DL DM
I haven’t gotten a thank you note since back during the heat of Covid when planes were empty. I’ve had some verbal thankyou’s on trips where IROPs happened, but that’s about it.

Pre-Covid I flew KE several times intra-Asia, and always got an overly verbal thank you from the FA’s, even when seated in Y and just a lowly GM at the time. Once it happened as we were literally taking the runway for takeoff. I was half asleep after having just arrived from MSP, and was quite alarmed to the have the FA gently wake me as we were starting the takeoff roll headed to BKK… Have a few fights on KE next year and curious if it happens again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.