Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why give business to someone you can not trust?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2023, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Question intended to be “Why give business to someone you can not trust?”

Deval airlines aka Delta is the most untrustworthy airline ever!

Last edited by shoodawg; Sep 17, 2023 at 7:35 am Reason: Fix title
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:12 am

The big thing I trust ANY airline to do is get me safely from Point A to Point B. Since so far my takeoffs and landings on Delta are equal I am ok. Everything else is just the "window dressing' imho

And really if you think this is the "most untrustworthy ever" you might do some research.... I would think that an airline taking off with passengers knowing that when they land bankruptcy will be in place and there will not be flights home would rank higher. Or anything Spirit does.... LOL!
Old Sep 17, 2023, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg

please elaborate on what was promised and then not delivered
hhdl, wrldwide1 and AJNEDC like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

Maybe you're confusing unrealistic expectations with any actual promises? If you trust any airline not to change aspects of their frequent flyer program, you're living in a different world. You acknowledge this as part of your SkyMiles membership. Read it. Understand it:

"Program Changes and Termination Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, mileage regulations, Award Travel, Medallion qualification requirements and levels, fees, Award prices, Pay with Miles terms and conditions, and special offers at any time without notice. "

Your options are two. Stay with Delta. Or don't - but your misguided "trust" in Delta is self-inflicted.
DrMilano, mbluecpa, AJNEDC and 5 others like this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Sep 17, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Old Sep 17, 2023, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Maybe you're confusing unrealistic expectations with any actual promises? If you trust any airline not to change aspects of their frequent flyer program, you're living in a different world. You acknowledge this as part of your SkyMiles membership. Read it. Understand it:

"Program Changes and Termination Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, mileage regulations, Award Travel, Medallion qualification requirements and levels, fees, Award prices, Pay with Miles terms and conditions, and special offers at any time without notice. "

Your options are two. Stay with Delta. Or don't - but your misguided "trust" in Delta is self-inflicted.
ok, you’re right. Deval airlines has done no wrong, and they deserve my continued investment.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Unlike some other posters above, I do think it is fair to say that Delta is clearly untrustworthy when it comes to FFP. I'm jusy surprised that you only brought it up now. It has been blatantly obvious to me since 2012 which is when I stopped flying Delta.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blug
Unlike some other posters above, I do think it is fair to say that Delta is clearly untrustworthy when it comes to FFP. I'm jusy surprised that you only brought it up now. It has been blatantly obvious to me since 2012 which is when I stopped flying Delta.
So you haven't flown DL is 11 years and still feel the need to comment on all of this without any elaboration or examples?
WillBarrett_68, wrldwide1 and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by blug
...I do think it is fair to say that Delta is clearly untrustworthy when it comes to FFP....
Again, how is it "untrusty"??? They tell you they have the right to change the program and when they do, they actually give advance notice. Per their terms, they don't even have to do that. What specifically has DL done that contradicts the terms you agreed to???
AJNEDC, moondog and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

The melo drama that has been going on with this change. Some people need to get a perspective.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:49 pm

I don’t like the changes either. But “untrustworthy?” Get a grip, or just go fly UA or AA and see how “trustworthy” they are.
hhdl, moondog, AJNEDC and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
ok, you’re right. Deval airlines has done no wrong, and they deserve my continued investment.
From my kitchen, where I'm typing this message as I wait for my chicken to finish cooking - I adamantly state that DL has done no wrong.

It's essential to take a step back and gain some perspective. Businesses are perpetually evolving, tweaking their offerings to meet various demands. If you are not satisfied with what a particular business provides, the solution is simple: explore other options.
The chorus of complaints and grievances, especially from mature individuals who themselves at some point in their careers, may have been involved in implementing changes for their companies that might have irked their customer bases, comes across as rather childish and unbecoming of adults.

Vote with your pocket.
hhdl and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
The melo drama that has been going on with this change. Some people need to get a perspective.
Some individuals (not saying anyone in particular) feel a significant emotional connection with their choice of airline. They feel that they have invested years of "loyalty" into the relationship and that in exchange for that felt that their airline would be loyal to them. Then changes happen (either mergers or program changes/devaluations) and they feel emotionally betrayed, that their investment has been for naught, a little bit like a breakup.

This has been happening here for years. I still think that the UA/CO merger was the worst of it, though these changes are starting to approach that.
hhdl likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Does everyone need to start their own thread to make the same complaints?
You've made your oh-so-clever comments about "Deval airlines" in multiple threads, ironically "devaluing" the FT Delta forum.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:30 pm

Delta can do whatever they want moving forward, 1 MQD for every $1,000,000 spent at vape shops, unlocked only after a verified backflip at the gate, for all I care. There would probably be a few takers looking for a loophole.

The rollover MQMs are not being treated fairly. This is a retroactive change since we were not warned on January 1st, and many of us were duped into spending tens of thousands extra under false pretenses. Delta's end of the deal, 6.5 billion in profit off their credit cards this year, no devaluation. I am going to convert from 80% towards platinum, to 50% towards sliver, 9.5 months too late to change my business spend for the year.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Does everyone need to start their own thread to make the same complaints?
You've made your oh-so-clever comments about "Deval airlines" in multiple threads, ironically "devaluing" the FT Delta forum.
Agree that this thread is superfluous
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
RetiredATLATC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.