Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: audidudi
Thread Wiki created based on 18 October 2023 Program and SkyClub access updates

Greater Flexibility for Delta Sky Club Access

Select Card Members will benefit from increased access to Clubs during their travel days as well as the option to purchase Club access after exhausting their allotted Club entries. Starting Feb 1 2025 (except where noted eg Jan 1 2024)…updates include:
  • Redefining Club visits: A Delta Sky Club visit now includes all entries within a 24-hour period after first Club entry, including your departure city, connecting airports and arrival at your destination. If you are traveling on a same-day roundtrip and use the Club on your outbound and return flight, both would be included within the same visit.
  • Adding Club visits: Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Reserve Business Card Members will now receive 15 visits per year (up from 10). Card Members with the Platinum Card® and the Business Platinum Card® from American Express will receive 10 visits (up from 6).
    • As previously announced, Members can unlock unlimited Club access after spending $75,000 on their eligible Card in a calendar year and will have unlimited club access for both the remainder of the current program year and the following program year.
    • Beginning Jan. 1, 2024, Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Platinum Business American Express Card Members and those customers traveling in Basic Economy, regardless of card type, will no longer be eligible for Club access.
  • Additional flexibility to purchase Club access: Delta will also introduce the ability for Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Reserve Business Card Members, as well as Card Members with the Platinum Card® from American Express, to purchase Club access at a per-visit rate of $50 per person after exhausting their allotted Club visits. Medallions will also have the option of purchasing an annual individual Delta Sky Club membership for $695.
https://news.delta.com/delta-shares-...oyalty-program

Print Wikipost

SkyClub Access Changes in 2024

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2023, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
As someone who holds the Delta Platinum card, I feel like my options are to upgrade to Reserve or another card NOT associated with Delta. Not being able to buy SkyClub access is a deal breaker. Getting 1 MQD per $20 of spend is a joke IMO.
Your profile says you are PM, so you can very easily purchase a SkyClub membership.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
So, maybe I missed it above, but can one still purchase a Sky Club membership in the years to come with either cash or miles?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
So, maybe I missed it above, but can one still purchase a Sky Club membership in the years to come with either cash or miles?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:08 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Surprised they aren't limiting membership visits to the centurion lounge with the reserve card. Watch for long lines when the new CL club opens at Atlanta.

Its asinine that a reserve delta card holder can have unlimited access to the centurion lounge but only 10 visits a year to the skyclub.

If I find out I won't need the reserve for the MQD's I'll just cancel the reserve and use the $200 airline credit on the platinum and the $250 airlien credit on my Hilton card towards a skyclub memberhsip It'll be cheaper than paying fpr the reserve annual fee.
oh it’s coming for sure. I bet Amex will do similar visit number restrictions on their lounges for Reserve and Plat cardholders (maybe 6 and 10 flipped the other way) in 2025 as well.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Your profile says you are PM, so you can very easily purchase a SkyClub membership.
I've been PM for years, but I don't fly like I used to. It's typically a couple trips a year up to Seattle, a few trips to the east coast (PWM and BDL), and a few trips to somewhere in the inter-mountain west via SLC, and some international destination in W/J. Under this new scheme, I'd have to really try to get to GM by spending on the Reserve Card and plane tickets.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Now, if Amex decides to cap Centurion visits too...
I bet this is coming soon from Amex.
LovePrunes and hedberg1661 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
What I don't get is why they didn't base the visits on your status? This is absurd that a diamond that is going to spend $35K a year and probably flying weekly only gets the same number of visits someone that is probably buying a cheap fare months out that flies a couple times a year gets
I guess they are assuming that Diamonds will put >$75k in the Amex Reserve card to get unlimited SC access.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dldmfll
Yes, as long as you're a Medallion member.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:37 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
So now that credit card access is limited, can Delta's own Elite+ members come back in on international itineraries? (Oh wait, I've got from easily reaching Gold Medallion to questioning if I have a reasonable path to Silver now).
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by metalblaze
I guess they are assuming that Diamonds will put >$75k in the Amex Reserve card to get unlimited SC access.
I assume they are assuming incorrectly. Plunking 75k on a reserve for that reason really makes no sense. One leaves credit card rewards on the table, and for the 75k spend (assuming it all earns at 1 mile per dollar) diamonds are better off just buying SC outright (it only takes a MQD spend of about $7k to earn the miles to pay for it).

Someone said it upthread, but it is really quite shocking how uncompetitive DLs credit card offerings now are vs UA and AA, especially considering how tight they are with AMEX. The existence of the vanilla Amex platinum probably has something to do with it.
wrp96, ethernal and lawyer75 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I suspect that more people typically spend $75k a year on the Amex platinum than many in this thread think. TPG reports that this will qualify for unlimited access. If this is true, I really think many of us will be fine. I certainly spend that much per year. What I would like to know is if that spend also makes the AU’s unlimited.
Liz_MSP, kavok and cemlaw like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Yes, as long as you're a Medallion member.
Just get the 70,000 point bonus from the reserve card...
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I suspect that more people typically spend $75k a year on the Amex platinum than many in this thread think. TPG reports that this will qualify for unlimited access. If this is true, I really think many of us will be fine. I certainly spend that much per year. What I would like to know is if that spend also makes the AU’s unlimited.
I haven’t been able to find anything on how the AU (authorized users) are affected in any of the information provided thus far. (For Vanilla Amex Plat AUs or Delta Reserve AUs).
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kavok
I haven’t been able to find anything on how the AU (authorized users) are affected in any of the information provided thus far. (For Vanilla Amex Plat AUs or Delta Reserve AUs).
Same! Certainly no reason whatsoever to keep any AU on my Reserve if they have no SC access.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
I have my wife as an authorized user (AU) on my Delta AMEX RSRV card, so she has access to Skyclub (as of now.). Has anyone seen any information on how AUs will be treated in the new model? Assuming that we continue to spend more than 75K per year on AMEX RSRV. [though at this point, there is no reason to keep the RSRV card. I feel like its better to just get regular AMEX Plat; unless of course they also come out with some insane changes this week!!]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.