Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: audidudi
Thread Wiki created based on 18 October 2023 Program and SkyClub access updates

Greater Flexibility for Delta Sky Club Access

Select Card Members will benefit from increased access to Clubs during their travel days as well as the option to purchase Club access after exhausting their allotted Club entries. Starting Feb 1 2025 (except where noted eg Jan 1 2024)…updates include:
  • Redefining Club visits: A Delta Sky Club visit now includes all entries within a 24-hour period after first Club entry, including your departure city, connecting airports and arrival at your destination. If you are traveling on a same-day roundtrip and use the Club on your outbound and return flight, both would be included within the same visit.
  • Adding Club visits: Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Reserve Business Card Members will now receive 15 visits per year (up from 10). Card Members with the Platinum Card® and the Business Platinum Card® from American Express will receive 10 visits (up from 6).
    • As previously announced, Members can unlock unlimited Club access after spending $75,000 on their eligible Card in a calendar year and will have unlimited club access for both the remainder of the current program year and the following program year.
    • Beginning Jan. 1, 2024, Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Platinum Business American Express Card Members and those customers traveling in Basic Economy, regardless of card type, will no longer be eligible for Club access.
  • Additional flexibility to purchase Club access: Delta will also introduce the ability for Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Reserve Business Card Members, as well as Card Members with the Platinum Card® from American Express, to purchase Club access at a per-visit rate of $50 per person after exhausting their allotted Club visits. Medallions will also have the option of purchasing an annual individual Delta Sky Club membership for $695.
https://news.delta.com/delta-shares-...oyalty-program

Print Wikipost

SkyClub Access Changes in 2024

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
SkyClub Access Changes - On Pro Delta

This information was in the release in the Skymiles Update Thread but is for a separate topic: SkyClub access.

In the release on Pro Delta, SkyClub access changes were announced:
Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Reserve Business American Express Card Members will receive 10 Club visits per Medallion Year starting Feb. 1, 2025. Members can earn unlimited Access after spending $75K on their eligible Card in a calendar year and will have unlimited Club Access for the remainder of the current Medallion Year and the following Medallion Year. Tracking begins Jan. 1, 2024, for the 2025 Medallion Year. Effective January 1, 2024, eligible Card Members with Basic Economy (E) fare tickets (or similar “Light” or “basic” tickets issued by a Delta partner) will not have access to the Delta Sky Club.

Beginning Jan. 1, 2024, the Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Platinum Business American Express Cards will no longer provide Club Access. There will be no changes to how SkyMiles Members earn and redeem miles, the changes only affect the way they qualify for Medallion Status.
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...announced.html

The link seems to be erroring out. Here's a screenshot of the changes I captured before the link went dead:

​​​
dw and krazykanuck like this.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Sep 13, 2023 at 3:03 pm
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:50 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Wow, so DL is sacrificing its own cobranded card holders to preserve unlimited SkyClub access for Amex Personal Plat Cardholders. That Amex money must be too good to turn away.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:53 pm

again, more lounge restrictions, de-values the "perks" on these credit cards...even lower on the list now..
Boraxo, ACCDraw and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Wow, so DL is sacrificing its own cobranded card holders to preserve unlimited SkyClub access for Amex Personal Plat Cardholders.
Not necessarily. They might be leaving that for Amex to announce, since it’s not their card.
dw, lowfareair and duluthDL like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dw
Wow, so DL is sacrificing its own cobranded card holders to preserve unlimited SkyClub access for Amex Personal Plat Cardholders. That Amex money must be too good to turn away.
Yea that shocked me. I won't be shocked if this backfires amid many DL Reserve Card card cancellations. 10 visits a year unless you spend an amount that is above the Median Household Income for the country which most people aren't going to be able to reach. That's 5 round-trips in a year where you'd get club access unless you have access another way (AmEx Platinum, D1, etc.).
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:55 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Not necessarily. They might be leaving that for Amex to announce, since it’s not their card.
Good point. That reddit rumor was 10 passes for the Reserve and 6 for the unbranded Amex Plat, so it's possible that is still to be announced.

Not part of the rumor at all was the unbranded Business Amex Plat losing access altogether.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dw
Good point. That reddit rumor was 10 passes for the Reserve and 6 for the unbranded Amex Plat, so it's possible that is still to be announced.

Not part of the rumor at all was the unbranded Business Amex Plat losing access altogether.
I think the announcement was referring to the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card losing access.
dw, lowfareair, pbjag and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
I think the announcement was referring to the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card losing access.
Yes. They mentioned the Reserve and Reserve Business cards the same way, and there is no unbranded Reserve Business card.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:03 pm

Well this completely jives with the recent fee change announcement on adding additional amex plat authorized users.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Oof. Super un-competitive against the AA/UA cards - yes the Reserve has the companion cert, but the main value on the card is the SC access.

If Amex doesn't mess with the access on the vanilla platinum, then it's a no brainer IMO to switch to that from a Reserve (and maybe keep a DL Plat only for the purpose of a MQD waiver/whatever that looks like in the new program). Though I find it hard to believe they won't, in which case the plan becomes buying a SC membership or looking at UA/AA... being hub captive makes that sort of brutal, but I'm seeing AA F fares for less than DL Y fares on a couple of my usual routes (e.g. SLC-BOS) which makes connecting a lot more paletable. Maybe low level status with two programs (DL for short hop western travel and AA for things where I'd need a connection anyway and/or adding a connection isn't a huge impact on overall travel time) is better than PM or the like with one?
LovePrunes and cmd320 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Yup. 10x/year for Reserve. $75k waiver for unlimited. 6x/year for Amex Platinum.

I'm very happy about cancelling my Reserve a couple weeks ago and buying a SkyClub membership.
DrMilano and ACCDraw like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
I don't see any mention of what happens to Reserve AU access.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:45 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...ccess-changes/

From the TPG article-Beginning on Feb. 1, 2025, Delta will limit how many times you can visit a Sky Club in each program year, as follows.
  • The Platinum Card® from American Express — six annual visits.
  • The Business Platinum Card® from American Express — six annual visits.
  • Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card — 10 annual visits. (Two annual guest passes will still be provided.)
  • Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card — 10 annual visits
Also-" Note that if you have multiple versions of the same credit card, visit allotments are additive."
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:48 pm

What about Centurion Lounge access?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
I'm very happy about cancelling my Reserve a couple weeks ago and buying a SkyClub membership.
Not sure why, since the changes don’t go into effect until Feb 2025.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.