Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: audidudi
Thread Wiki created based on 18 October 2023 Program and SkyClub access updates

Greater Flexibility for Delta Sky Club Access

Select Card Members will benefit from increased access to Clubs during their travel days as well as the option to purchase Club access after exhausting their allotted Club entries. Starting Feb 1 2025 (except where noted eg Jan 1 2024)…updates include:
  • Redefining Club visits: A Delta Sky Club visit now includes all entries within a 24-hour period after first Club entry, including your departure city, connecting airports and arrival at your destination. If you are traveling on a same-day roundtrip and use the Club on your outbound and return flight, both would be included within the same visit.
  • Adding Club visits: Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Reserve Business Card Members will now receive 15 visits per year (up from 10). Card Members with the Platinum Card® and the Business Platinum Card® from American Express will receive 10 visits (up from 6).
    • As previously announced, Members can unlock unlimited Club access after spending $75,000 on their eligible Card in a calendar year and will have unlimited club access for both the remainder of the current program year and the following program year.
    • Beginning Jan. 1, 2024, Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Platinum Business American Express Card Members and those customers traveling in Basic Economy, regardless of card type, will no longer be eligible for Club access.
  • Additional flexibility to purchase Club access: Delta will also introduce the ability for Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Reserve Business Card Members, as well as Card Members with the Platinum Card® from American Express, to purchase Club access at a per-visit rate of $50 per person after exhausting their allotted Club visits. Medallions will also have the option of purchasing an annual individual Delta Sky Club membership for $695.
https://news.delta.com/delta-shares-...oyalty-program

Print Wikipost

SkyClub Access Changes in 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by chipbennett
Use of "premium economy" appears mostly to be colloquial rather than "industry standard" now.
Google Flights, Expedia, Orbitz, and basically any other TA you care to name uses "Premium Economy" to denote the class of service. It's what it is called. Premium Select is Delta's brand name for its Premium Economy cabin.

Again, many carriers have branded names for their cabins, but that doesn't affect the generic term for the class of service. By the same token, only one of the US majors calls the lower class of service by a brand name including the word "Economy", even though it is the universally recognized term for that class.
MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by findark
Google Flights, Expedia, Orbitz, and basically any other TA you care to name uses "Premium Economy" to denote the class of service. It's what it is called. Premium Select is Delta's brand name for its Premium Economy cabin.

Again, many carriers have branded names for their cabins, but that doesn't affect the generic term for the class of service. By the same token, only one of the US majors calls the lower class of service by a brand name including the word "Economy", even though it is the universally recognized term for that class.
It's probably a better discussion for the Premium Select thread, but: that's exactly what I mean by colloquial. The airlines themselves don't call the cabin/class "premium economy" any longer, and they are clearly distinguishing the hard/soft product as something in-between main cabin/economy and business. The TAs and travel sites are colloquially using an outdated term for it. (Kind of like the people who call D1 "Business Elite" or "BE".)
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:33 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
My wife, Mrs. ND76, is a PM and 1 MMer with an AMEX Reserve card. She was flying home from MIA on Sunday afternoon 3/24. Her flight was delayed.for over one hour. Here was the line at the MIA SkyClub

She reported that it took her 20 minutes to be admitted to the club after joining the line.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are SCs still doing the skip the line special lines for 360/DM and D1?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are SCs still doing the skip the line special lines for 360/DM and D1?
The sign in the photo above your post has verbiage along the lines of: Delta 360s, Diamond Medallions, Delta One, and First Class [garbled, maybe Members?], please proceed to the designated line for priority entry.

That said, it seems that when clubs outside of ATL and NYC get full, the staff tend not to have heard of the priority line and it's first come, first served.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
MIA (and others I have seen) indeed have a priority lane for Diamond (and 360), Delta One, and First. At least at MIA when I was last there, the guy guarding the door was vigilant to the point of calling up to bounce a lady who slipped past him.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:14 pm

Confirmed on a trip this weekend that despite the different language on the website for Gold + First to Canada and Gold + PS or greater to "international" destinations, you do still get SC access before a domestic flight connecting to a qualifying Canada flight.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL, Starwood, SWA, United. RIP NWA.
I've been out of the game for a LONG time - no status but need info. I'm flying international Delta One next month, MSP-AMS, then main cabin to EDI. Will I have access to the KLM Crown lounge during my 4-hour layover at Schiphol? Thanks everyone.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:02 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by ND76
She reported that it took her 20 minutes to be admitted to the club after joining the line.
So, going by the book, to maximize the time inside SkyClub, we should be in line 3 hours and 20 minutes prior to flight.....

Jiburi
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:50 pm

Delta Amex Reserve Club Access Question

Hi. Two questions:

Hi. I access the club via DL Amex Reserve.

I am considering getting Mrs K7 the additional card member ($175) card. In addition to getting independent club access, would she also get four guest passes?

Any other way of accumulating guest access other than $50/person entry fee?

We are a family of four (2 adults and two tweens) and I am trying to figure out how to get the family in to the club a couple times per year while we are on vacation and I am just making sure I have not missed anything.

thank you!
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by K7Beach
Hi. Two questions:

Hi. I access the club via DL Amex Reserve.

I am considering getting Mrs K7 the additional card member ($175) card. In addition to getting independent club access, would she also get four guest passes?

Any other way of accumulating guest access other than $50/person entry fee?

We are a family of four (2 adults and two tweens) and I am trying to figure out how to get the family in to the club a couple times per year while we are on vacation and I am just making sure I have not missed anything.

thank you!
THe additional cardmember will NOT get guest passes for themselves. I ended up getting additional cards for my 13+ kids too, not cheap but cheaper than $50 each as we take 3-4 trips per year. THe bright side is a visit is now defined as a 24 hour pass, rather than a single entry, so that will help keep your costs down.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by K7Beach
Note if you literally mean a couple as two, the four guest passes will admit two children twice each

Originally Posted by AntimonyER
THe additional cardmember will NOT get guest passes for themselves. I ended up getting additional cards for my 13+ kids too, not cheap but cheaper than $50 each as we take 3-4 trips per year. THe bright side is a visit is now defined as a 24 hour pass, rather than a single entry, so that will help keep your costs down.
Is there any minimum age for an AU card?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:46 am

Note if you literally mean a couple as two, the four guest passes will admit two children twice each
Touché!!! 🤣 good point!

I guess what I’m looking at is that I currently have two guest passes in my account, but I’ve never used one… Are the four guest passes new to this year? Was it only two before?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium

Is there any minimum age for an AU card?
Yes, they must be 13 for an Amex AU card.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by AntimonyER
got it.

Re:24 hour pass- Do you mean for the scenario where we are in multiple airports within a 24 hour period and being able to count as one visit? And from my clarification are you referring to the guest pass or the pay upon entry pass at 50 each?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.