Wiki Posts
Search

Account security

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, Delta
Account security

On and off I have been hearing some cases of members' accounts got hacked and miles got stolen. I tried to look around in my Delta account and it seems there is no way to set up two-factor authentication. All it needs now is just a password to log into the account. I called into Delta call center and they said there is no two-factor authentication offered now. They said they will ask the caller additional profile questions to verify the caller. But if the hacker can hack into someone's account, the hacker can already access the answers to these profile questions. Anyone knows of any ways to increase account security?
jeppsenbr likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by entflight
Anyone knows of any ways to increase account security?
Use a unique, high-quality password. Get a password manager.

Most account hacks will be through password reuse (hackers compromise a website, find a list of emails/passwords, and then start plugging those into other websites).
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Use a unique, high-quality password. Get a password manager.

Most account hacks will be through password reuse (hackers compromise a website, find a list of emails/passwords, and then start plugging those into other websites).
all of this, and make damn sure your primary email account is very securely locked down with a strong unique password, use 2-factor auth, and if that isn't available, switch to a provider that has it. If someone gets into your email, then it's a free for all for them to start doing password resets on all your various accounts, and they can make all the password change confirmations disappear quite quickly.
entflight likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.