Wiki Posts
Search

DL 29 - Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
DL 29 - Cancellation

Is there a good location to determine the reason for a flight cancellation? Interested in why DL 29 was canceled today.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Call 800-221-1212 and ask. They can look it up for you.
boss315 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Looks like it was rescheduled for tomorrow AM as DL9929 with the exact same frame that was supposed to fly it today.

Makes me think crew issue (if plane had gone MX they likely wouldve swapped in a new frame for the reschedule flight) since I dont see any reports of industrial action.

Certainly would appear to qualify for EU261 if thats the underlying question
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Duke787
Makes me think crew issue (if plane had gone MX they likely wouldve swapped in a new frame for the reschedule flight) since I dont see any reports of industrial action.
DL029 was cancelled in NCE (inbound came in from ATL on time). There is no other aircraft with which to swap so likely a mechanical?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
DL029 was cancelled in NCE (inbound came in from ATL on time). There is no other aircraft with which to swap so likely a mechanical?
Or sick crew members ...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
FlightRadar24 shows the same frame being used for the recovery flight tomorrow. So unless it was minor mechanical (which would likely have been delay, not cancellation) there doesnt seem to be an MX issue so my assumption is crew issue
Old Jul 29, 2023, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
FlightRadar24 shows the same frame being used for the recovery flight tomorrow. So unless it was minor mechanical (which would likely have been delay, not cancellation) there doesnt seem to be an MX issue so my assumption is crew issue
The only crew issue that would cause a cancelation would be the Captain being ill. If it was a copilot they would depart as a 2 man crew and land in BOS or Bangor for a quick recrew if needed. Likely the aircraft needed a part on arrival and waiting for the part to get in from CDG would time the crew out.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
Thanks everyone - appreciate the feedback. Flying out today and we our scheduled on time departure but -30 min delayed arrival.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Jeff767
The only crew issue that would cause a cancelation would be the Captain being ill. If it was a copilot they would depart as a 2 man crew and land in BOS or Bangor for a quick recrew if needed. Likely the aircraft needed a part on arrival and waiting for the part to get in from CDG would time the crew out.
I don't know whether DL places more cabin crew on crew rosters than is legally required, but if not, then an issue with cabin crew could also cause an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.