Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles Award Flash Sale

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roxiethehorse
Impossible to try different markets. The boxes are grayed out, there is nothing to choose. They are blank.
Just go to the awards booking page. Don't bother with the specials sale page.
Adam1222 and dmac1418 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by xliioper
What is your local airport? Try AKL/SYD/PPT. Also seeing pretty heavily discounted awards to NAS (for 21.2K roundtrip in Main from various markets). Here are seasonality requirements for NAS awards.

Local airport is LFT. And even after I've logged in to my SkyMiles account, the page won't accept any departure city.

Just tried to do so again and nothing.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlemon
Local airport is LFT. And even after I've logged in to my SkyMiles account, the page won't accept any departure city. Just tried it again and nothing.
Just go to the main www.delta.com page and book from there. Do not try to enter cities in web specials page. Unfortunately, sale fares do not look to be valid from LFT or BTR, but they are available from MSY. 68K roundtrip to AKL/PPT/SYD, 17K miles roundtrip to NAS.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 26, 2023 at 6:26 pm
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estedman
Way to go Delta. Get me all hot and bothered and then pour cold water all over me. Nothing for ATL
ATL has PPT/AKL/SYD/HND for 68K roundtrip in Main. ATL-NAS is available for 19.4K miles roundtrip. See validity dates above. Just ignore the specials page and just go to front page of www.delta.com to book.
dmac1418 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I assume the annual Europe flash sale will be coming soon as well. About that time of year getting towards the end of Summer.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond RA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta Gold
The "Current Flight Deals" page (https://www.delta.com/us/en/flight-d...t-flight-deals) is also somewhat helpful and loads for me (it does take a minute) while the Skymiles Deal page does not load any dropdowns.

YMMV.
Arsene Wenger and Tdb1960 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Glad I'm not the only one that can't get the drop down to work for Caribbean. Can get RDU to Tokyo for 80k on main round trip before cc discount.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Glad I'm not the only one that can't get the drop down to work for Caribbean. Can get RDU to Tokyo for 80k on main round trip before cc discount.
NAS looks to be about only Caribbean destination that is on sale. Sale awards from RDU are 17K miles roundtrip in Main with discount (vs. $536 for Main revenue fares). Just go to www.delta.com main page to book. You can also get RDU-PPT/AKL/SYD for 68K miles roundtrip with discount. Do not bother with link provided in Delta email. It is useless.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 26, 2023 at 7:32 pm
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Just got 4 tix open jaw normally 80k miles and $700 for 42k AMEX.
From captive hub.
So its real for me
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
From DTW, HND/PPT/SYD/AKL for 80K roundtrip in Main -- 68K roundtrip after Amex discount. Low-level on DTW-SYD is 178.4K outside of window.

Fare Basis YSKR340 (with Amex). Roundtrip booking required, but no min-stay. Seasonality requirements below.

Posting the travel restrictions is super helpful. Thank you! I'm seeing the same prices to the destinations above out of SEA aswell.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Does the flexible dates search option work for this flash sale?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Kind of. It was wonky but helped us refine.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
You can use both Flexible dates and Calendar view. But you also need to play close attention to the seasonality requirements. If you are trying to book outside these windows, the sale awards won't be available.

SYD/AKL/PPT sale award fares

HND sale award fares

NAS sale award fares

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 27, 2023 at 8:26 am
Old Jul 27, 2023, 9:18 am

Yesterday site didn't work. It's working for me today/now.
Ironically they have flights from BIS and FAR but nothing for ALB (ha).
BOS to "caribbean" yields a very specific week for CUN (during hurricane season). No thanks.
Maybe if I was going to Asia, but the "Caribbean" deals weren't all that, IMO.
But again, home airport is ALB and there's never anything from there (in all the years I've searched, nothing Delta ever offers). Even Southwest will barely have any sales (occasionally and it's always to MCO).
But I'm sure others with better hubs (apparently FAR and BIS are better--haha) have better deals.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hurnik
Yesterday site didn't work. It's working for me today/now.
Ironically they have flights from BIS and FAR but nothing for ALB (ha).
BOS to "caribbean" yields a very specific week for CUN (during hurricane season). No thanks.
Maybe if I was going to Asia, but the "Caribbean" deals weren't all that, IMO.
But again, home airport is ALB and there's never anything from there (in all the years I've searched, nothing Delta ever offers). Even Southwest will barely have any sales (occasionally and it's always to MCO).
But I'm sure others with better hubs (apparently FAR and BIS are better--haha) have better deals.
Once again, ignore the Award Flash Sale page. It's horribly broke. Just go to main www.delta.com page to book. ALB has sale awards to SYD, HND, and NAS. With AMEX discount, SYD is 76.4K in Main, HND is 85K, and NAS is 18.6K. And, no, you don't have to go in hurricane season to qualify. The NAS awards also valid from 1/9 - 2/13 (see seasonality section from Fare Rules below). Although there do look to be some hurricane season sale awards to CUN and SJU (valid for travel 9/5 - 10/15) for the adventurous types. ALB-CUN is 14.4K miles roundtrip.

NAS awards

hurnik likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 27, 2023 at 10:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.