Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Bulkhead Premium Select on A330-200 to europe? Better leg room.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bulkhead Premium Select on A330-200 to europe? Better leg room.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donkeydork
Yea been on the 330-200 many times from AMS. Row 20 is slightly larger compared to row 30, but both are generous and 30 is more roomy than the rest of PS. Also no bathrooms means few people trying to cross through mid-flight. We always fly bulkhead AMS -> DTW, preference to PS then C+... just easier for the kid.

Really depends, it's been 50/50 for me if it's the D1 or Main cabin food in PS. Data points are like 12-14 trips in PS and 4 in C+ on that airplane over the past 4 years. None of it is great though.
They didn't start serving separate meals in PS from C+/Main until last Fall. Prior to that, they had been the serving same meal choices in all three classes after Covid had hit.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
They didn't start serving separate meals in PS from C+/Main until last Fall. Prior to that, they had been the serving same meal choices in all three classes after Covid had hit.
Yea I hear that, but also we flew over Christmas and again in May and I swear each time the food coming back was D1 but return was main. It sure looked the same when I wandered back for my mid-flight constitutional. I do prefer PS though, it's a bit quieter. I'll be on a KLM codeshare in August so looking to see how their PS service is. I quite enjoy the KLM boxes on their domestic F service.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:02 pm

I trust Aerolopa for their distances. I was coming back from Amsterdam last week on KLM on a 772 and chose 10 K, which was a bulkhead economy, comfort seat, which is like comfort plus. It showed three windows, one at the seat, and two in front, which was incredibly accurate. It looks similar on the premium select seatmap for the DL 332 so if it’s saying there’s that much space, there probably is. There was probably 6 feet of space in front of me.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Yea been on the 330-200 many times from AMS. Row 20 is slightly larger compared to row 30, but both are generous and 30 is more roomy than the rest of PS. Also no bathrooms means few people trying to cross through mid-flight. We always fly bulkhead AMS -> DTW, preference to PS then C+... just easier for the kid.

Really depends, it's been 50/50 for me if it's the D1 or Main cabin food in PS. Data points are like 12-14 trips in PS and 4 in C+ on that airplane over the past 4 years. None of it is great though.
Slightly more legroom in the row 20 PS than the row 30 C+? I realize the seats are a touch wider but distance between the bulkhead and my feet are the main concern. haha.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by gusgrissom1
Slightly more legroom in the row 20 PS than the row 30 C+? I realize the seats are a touch wider but distance between the bulkhead and my feet are the main concern. haha.
Well put it like this, I'm 6ft3" and have zero problems kicking my feet out in either C+ or PS on the A330-200 when I'm flying AMS <-> DTW/JFK. The aerolopa map is accurate in my experience, both are very spacious but row 20 PS is an inch or two deeper than the C+ bulkhead. Also, you're much more likely to have an empty seat next to you in PS which mean more ways to wiggle your long legs around if you choose. I've never seen C+ with an empty seat just as I've never seen PS >75% full.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 1:37 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Well put it like this, I'm 6ft3" and have zero problems kicking my feet out in either C+ or PS on the A330-200 when I'm flying AMS <-> DTW/JFK. The aerolopa map is accurate in my experience, both are very spacious but row 20 PS is an inch or two deeper than the C+ bulkhead. Also, you're much more likely to have an empty seat next to you in PS which mean more ways to wiggle your long legs around if you choose. I've never seen C+ with an empty seat just as I've never seen PS >75% full.
I wouldn't bank on PS having empty seats in the bulkhead. It's a desireable row.

You're right, C+ will always be full on international flights, as Delta will upgrade Medallion members. I've seen PS full as well, but it may have settled in at a lower fill rate now due to waitlisted GUCs.
donkeydork likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by spin2nd
Full disclosure, I haven't flown PS on any of the 330s yet...however, my experience on the 764 was that the bulkhead legroom was ample and - most importantly for me - the ability to move your legs verticaly was amazing. During the night, whenever I needed to stretch my legs I didn't have to stand up, it was great. I could also cross my legs as if I was sitting on any normal non-airplane chair which was nice. I"m 6'2" and mostly legs, fwiw.
I have a ton of 764 PS bulkhead photos but they all have my kids.

TL;Dr it’s great. But monitors are mounted on the wall and feel a generation behind the seatback ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.