Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Bulkhead Premium Select on A330-200 to europe? Better leg room.

Old Jun 24, 2023, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

seatmaps.com shows bulkhead is green because it has extra legroom compared to the 2nd and 3rd rows but I flew back from Hawaii on it this winter and was in the second row and i don't remember the one in front of me having much extra leg room if I remember right and there is a wall so you can't even fully extend your legs if you are a little tall. 6'4".

I wish I had paid more attention to this now. It somewhat reminds me of a lot of first class bulkheads. I can't extend legs all the way but don't have people leaning back in your lap when they recline. Does anyone have pictures of videos of the premium select or know for sure on the A330-200 about the legroom on bulkhead row? I know when I was on the return hawaii flight I wish I had kept my comfort+(not labeled as comfort+ since it was domestic but it was comfort and the premium was called comfort) because it had much more legroom than my second row of premium select.

Thanks! Also would love to find a Neo to Frankfurt but can't seem to find one!
Old Jun 25, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I hate bulkheads on any plane.
FabCW likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 3:18 am
Original Poster

From this map it seems like my memory is right. The comfort+ bulkhead has a decent bit more leg room than the premium select. Doesn't make sense to me they built them this way but most people aren't tall enough that it matters I suppose.

Old Jun 25, 2023, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gusgrissom1
From this map it seems like my memory is right. The comfort+ bulkhead has a decent bit more leg room than the premium select. Doesn't make sense to me they built them this way but most people aren't tall enough that it matters I suppose.
Recommend using Aerolopa which has more highly detailed seat maps, including window placement:
https://www.aerolopa.com/

Specifically, the DL A332 Type 3M2
https://www.aerolopa.com/dl-3m2

I don't know if Aerolopa is 100% accurate but it'd been reliable where I've used it.

Other tools are Googling for images to find reviews of the specific aircraft and cabin you're looking at to see if you can get pictures. Unfortunately there's no perfect-on side-view but TPG has an article showing PS on the A330 and the bulkhead in PS as having the same or similar legroom I've experienced on other types in PE in the bulkhead:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...bus-a330-tour/

Not trying to sway your decision one-way or the other on PE versus C+ but just trying to provide a better tool that may aid you in this and future decisions.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: delta skymiles
Aerolopa is far and away the better tool for visualizing the seat placement, etc. Unfortunately, it has no seat reviews, so my policy is usually to consult both that and seatmaps.com. Please be aware that the specifications listed on seatmaps.com are often wrong. For example, they list Delta Premium Select on a Delta A350 as having 125 degrees of recline, which is obviously mistaken. Pitch and seat width are sometimes wrong as well.
gusgrissom1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by micstatic
I hate bulkheads on any plane.
thank you for this update
Old Jun 25, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Full disclosure, I haven't flown PS on any of the 330s yet...however, my experience on the 764 was that the bulkhead legroom was ample and - most importantly for me - the ability to move your legs verticaly was amazing. During the night, whenever I needed to stretch my legs I didn't have to stand up, it was great. I could also cross my legs as if I was sitting on any normal non-airplane chair which was nice. I"m 6'2" and mostly legs, fwiw.
gusgrissom1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I can confirm the bulkhead in Comfort+ is great. Lots of leg room and ample access for the person in the "window" to get up without disturbing the aisle passenger. Even better if you are traveling with a companion and get grab AB or HJ.
gusgrissom1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mridley2
I can confirm the bulkhead in Comfort+ is great. Lots of leg room and ample access for the person in the "window" to get up without disturbing the aisle passenger. Even better if you are traveling with a companion and get grab AB or HJ.
I remembered this for sure. As in January on same plane i got upgraded to premium select seat. I had bulkhead C+ and it had amazing legroom. My second row PS didn't have much legroom and im tall enough the foot rest didn't do much for me. I wish I had paid more attention to the bulkhead on Premium but it didn't concern me at the time as that wasn't an option I had when I gave up my good C+ bulkhead.

I guess the next question is how much different is in flight experience on C+ vs premium? Considering upgrading to premium if I had confirmation bulkhead had as good of legroom as the C+ has. but it's 350 from jfk to frankfurt and then 388 frankfurt to dtw.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrdovenb
Aerolopa is far and away the better tool for visualizing the seat placement, etc. Unfortunately, it has no seat reviews, so my policy is usually to consult both that and seatmaps.com. Please be aware that the specifications listed on seatmaps.com are often wrong. For example, they list Delta Premium Select on a Delta A350 as having 125 degrees of recline, which is obviously mistaken. Pitch and seat width are sometimes wrong as well.
aerolopa shows the PS having the same or very close distance in bulkhead as the C+. I wish someone could confirm this for me. Watched a youtube video and can't tell for sure. Seatmaps show it with a little less and I feel like my memory tells me it was a little less too with C+ having tons of room.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I remembered this for sure. As in January on same plane i got upgraded to premium select seat. I had bulkhead C+ and it had amazing legroom. My second row PS didn't have much legroom and im tall enough the foot rest didn't do much for me. I wish I had paid more attention to the bulkhead on Premium but it didn't concern me at the time as that wasn't an option I had when I gave up my good C+ bulkhead.

I guess the next question is how much different is in flight experience on C+ vs premium? Considering upgrading to premium if I had confirmation bulkhead had as good of legroom as the C+ has. but it's 350 from jfk to frankfurt and then 388 frankfurt to dtw.
As far as I know Comfort and PS get the same meals. same wine/drink service. Honestly I can't imagine why anyone would pay extra for PS when Comfort+ is right there and a lot less $$. and the seats are not much of an upgrade.
Stick with Comfort+ bulkhead and enjoy the flight.
gusgrissom1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mridley2
As far as I know Comfort and PS get the same meals. same wine/drink service. Honestly I can't imagine why anyone would pay extra for PS when Comfort+ is right there and a lot less $$. and the seats are not much of an upgrade.
Stick with Comfort+ bulkhead and enjoy the flight.
It says the meal experience is enhanced. Not sure if it's correct or not. Thought I read it was and comfort+ got the same as main cabin.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 6:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
It says the meal experience is enhanced. Not sure if it's correct or not. Thought I read it was and comfort+ got the same as main cabin.
PS gets two of the D1 entrees (though not plated), typically the chicken and vegetarian options, and otherwise main cabin service. That said, it's not unheard of for FAs to forget(?) this and treat it as main cabin.
gusgrissom1 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 6:25 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA

Not really a reason to choose one over the other.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:40 am

aerolopa shows the PS having the same or very close distance in bulkhead as the C+. I wish someone could confirm this for me.
Yea been on the 330-200 many times from AMS. Row 20 is slightly larger compared to row 30, but both are generous and 30 is more roomy than the rest of PS. Also no bathrooms means few people trying to cross through mid-flight. We always fly bulkhead AMS -> DTW, preference to PS then C+... just easier for the kid.

Really depends, it's been 50/50 for me if it's the D1 or Main cabin food in PS. Data points are like 12-14 trips in PS and 4 in C+ on that airplane over the past 4 years. None of it is great though.
gusgrissom1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.