Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta terminal 3 at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Delta terminal 3 at LAX

We are flying out of LAX tomorrow and boarding pass shows TERMINAL 3 but gate is 133 which is at TBIT. Should we all check in first in terminal 3 and then walk or get bused to TBIT gate 3? I assume all Delta checkins happen in Terminal 3 no matter where the date is? any recent experience?
Old Jun 16, 2023, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
We are flying out of LAX tomorrow and boarding pass shows TERMINAL 3 but gate is 133 which is at TBIT. Should we all check in first in terminal 3 and then walk or get bused to TBIT gate 3? I assume all Delta checkins happen in Terminal 3 no matter where the date is? any recent experience?
all check-in at T3.
you can clear security at TBIT if you don't have checked.
No Skyclub at TBIT but there is an overrated centurion lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moko87
all check-in at T3.
you can clear security at TBIT if you don't have checked.
No Skyclub at TBIT but there is an overrated centurion lounge.
we have bags for checked in luggage. Also have Clear / TSApre so security at T3 should be fine. After security can we just walk to gate 133 at TBIT?
Old Jun 16, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
we have bags for checked in luggage. Also have Clear / TSApre so security at T3 should be fine. After security can we just walk to gate 133 at TBIT?
The connector isn't built yet, there are shuttle busses between TBIT and T2/3.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greenlander
The connector isn't built yet, there are shuttle busses between TBIT and T2/3.
okay so after checkin our luggage at Delta counter in T3, I guess we will be taking the shuttle to gate 133 after going thru security in T3.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
okay so after checkin our luggage at Delta counter in T3, I guess we will be taking the shuttle to gate 133 after going thru security in T3.
I’d recommend walking landside to TBIT (outside along the curbside sidewalk) after checking in at T3 and clearing TSA there. The post-security T3-TBIT connector walkway isn’t scheduled to open until August and the TBIT bus departs from T2 Gate 24 so you will have to backtrack if you clear TSA in T3.
NYC Flyer and MNSWEEps like this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I’d recommend walking landside to TBIT (outside along the curbside sidewalk) after checking in at T3 and clearing TSA there. The post-security T3-TBIT connector walkway isn’t scheduled to open until August and the TBIT bus departs from T2 Gate 24 so you will have to backtrack if you clear TSA in T3.
good point. 6 of us have a total of 14 checked bags so most of work would be done once bags get checked in at T3. Then it should be an easy walk outside to TBIT and go thru Clear/TSAPre there.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
good point. 6 of us have a total of 14 checked bags so most of work would be done once bags get checked in at T3. Then it should be an easy walk outside to TBIT and go thru Clear/TSAPre there.
Yes will be an easy short walk outside to TBIT. Just walk outside and make a right and you should see TBIT (with a lot of construction facade) shortly ahead of you.
FenwayTim likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:05 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
A couple of questions

Appreciate any insights you might have:

1. Is it now possible to walk airside between TBIT and Terminatl 3?

2. When arriving at TBIT and after clearing customs, is there a luggage deposit area in TBIT for my continuing Delta domestic flight?

3. We will be in Terminal 3 between 4-7 PM. Is that a peak time for shower use?

TIA.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by 747FC
Appreciate any insights you might have:

1. Is it now possible to walk airside between TBIT and Terminatl 3?
I can answer this one: yes, you can walk airside between TBIT and T3. It's a pretty long walk, but it's there. (And I agree with the previous commenter who said that the Centurion lounge is underwhelming. The sky deck in the T3 Sky Club is really nice, though.)
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.