Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap/per D1 to JFK from SEA?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2023, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec silver
Originally Posted by xliioper
I'm afraid you didn't search very well. In July, there is a single weekly non-stop D1 flight on SEA-JFK (DL528) which is flown on Saturdays. On both July 1 and 15 there is still Z fare availability on this flight at $848.90. This is the cheapest D1 fare available on the route.

Connecting through LAX will cost considerably more as the $848.90 D1 fares only permit non-stop routing. The cheapest through D1 fares which permit SEA-LAX-JFK routing are $2974.20 J fares (you can get cheaper than that with broken fares, but they will still be considerably more than $848.90).

Thank you. How can I do this? (i.e how can I find fare availability for dates that have the D1?) or is it a matter of going day by day?
Old May 25, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by firehawk
Thank you. How can I do this? (i.e how can I find fare availability for dates that have the D1?) or is it a matter of going day by day?
Use Google Flights. Select Skyteam, Business, non-stop, SEA-JFK, 3-5PM and then select the date field. The D1 flight only operates on Saturdays at 3:55PM through the summer. Ignore the prices for flights on other days of the week as they will all be FC flights. For July and August, the $849 Z fare is available on July 1, 15, and 22 only.

After Sep 9th, the SEA-JFK route goes back to 100% FC flights (A321neo) and no D1. The cheapest connecting option (through SFO or LAX) will be about $1200 and will need to be priced as a broken fare to get that price.

firehawk likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 25, 2023 at 7:02 pm
Old May 25, 2023, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec silver
Very helpful. Thank you.
Seems like for the return journey to SEA (non stop), there arent any with D1 within 10 days of flying out in July (say, flying out Jul 1) (trying to keep costs low as I will also be trying to find a reasonably priced hotel too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.