Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Announces BOS-MEX flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by skydelt
Your guess is as good as mine, and that's why I called it shortsighted. The product strategy from DL has been consistently smart, but the route strategy is pretty terrible - it's just defending fortresses (e.g., MSP-DUB) rather than doing anything inventive or growing at focus cities (RDU, formerly AUS)
Occam's razor says that they put it on sale, it wasn't doing well, and so they pulled it, which suggests that it wasn't a slam dunk.
moondog and DLASflyer like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Really shortsighted that they pulled this one, easy slam dunk route and one that B6 could pretty easily pick up if they have the foresight to do it
B6 ran BOS-MEX Pre-Covid but pulled the flight and completely exited the MEX market in January 2020
Old Aug 19, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
B6 ran BOS-MEX Pre-Covid but pulled the flight and completely exited the MEX market in January 2020
Forgot about this, and I think now if airlines want to re-enter Mexico City, they have to do it at NLU (or at least that's what the government was proposing)
Old Aug 19, 2023, 4:09 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
United hasn’t pulled SFO-Christchurch, or LAX-Brisbane, yet DL could not make its rather lackluster BOS-MEX work, even before it started
Old Aug 19, 2023, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
United hasn’t pulled SFO-Christchurch, or LAX-Brisbane, yet DL could not make its rather lackluster BOS-MEX work, even before it started
What is the connection here?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM
AM launches BOS-MEX, makes me wonder if DL got wind of the FAA upgrade for Mexico early, and pulled to let AM run the route
Old Oct 2, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and 2MM, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
AM launches BOS-MEX, makes me wonder if DL got wind of the FAA upgrade for Mexico early, and pulled to let AM run the route
I agree. Interestingly, Aeromexico used to fly this route up till 2018/2019 and then cancelled it due to their own financial situation. I wonder if they can make it work now either by using a more fuel-efficient aircraft or the feed onto delta flights to Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.