Tricks to extend eCredits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:42 am

I did main, but not refundable . And cancelled immediately after purchase
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: KE, DL
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
I did main, but not refundable . And cancelled immediately after purchase
I just did the same thing for a not-so-dummy booking going to SEA.. Used a few COVID "eCredits" and "unused tickets" which all have a 31DEC23 expiration.. Not working. After immediate cancellation, all eCredits and unused tickets were restored as if they were never used.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyingbabyduck
I just did the same thing for a not-so-dummy booking going to SEA.. Used a few COVID "eCredits" and "unused tickets" which all have a 31DEC23 expiration.. Not working. After immediate cancellation, all eCredits and unused tickets were restored as if they were never used.
Did you select ecredit or refund?
Old Nov 8, 2023, 3:02 am

My husband has an eCredit in his name from a trip I booked for us and had to cancel. Does DL allow me/him to use his eCredit towards the purchase of a ticket for just myself?
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:21 am

Something seems to have changed

i did the 24-hour cancel/refund thing today and it no longer gave me a choice to get a new credit, instead it went straight back to the old credits as original payment
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:46 am

Programs: DL
Something seems to have changed

i did the 24-hour cancel/refund thing today and it no longer gave me a choice to get a new credit, instead it went straight back to the old credits as original payment
Agreed, I just tried and I did not get an option for Refund versus eCredit, just a Refund. I used 2 eCredits that are expiring 12/31/23 plus my personal credit card for the balance of the ticket which was about $30.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:10 am

I guess in the past I had this work on flights that were _fully paid_ for by e-credits (i.e. i had enough credits to cover the flight in full + get credit back for the difference). I wonder if that is a different flow than partial paid for credit + credit card.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you select ecredit or refund?
For me, there was only 1 single red button of cancel and refund. I didnt get to choose eCredit or refund. I thought it has to be refund since you are within the guaranteed 24-hour anyways?
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:29 am

I guess in the past I had this work on flights that were _fully paid_ for by e-credits (i.e. i had enough credits to cover the flight in full + get credit back for the difference). I wonder if that is a different flow than partial paid for credit + credit card.
My last booking was maybe 30% eCredit/unused ticket + 70% credit card. I think this hole just got patched I may or may not give it a try after the following midnight and see if it would work.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:03 pm

I just cancelled a trip I booked earlier today and it reverted back to the same ecredit expiration date of 12/31/23. I may try to rebook a flight and wait until the 24 hour window has passed then try cancelling again.

Guess I should've checked FT sooner, before that window had closed. Darn.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 4:05 pm

I just cancelled a main flight that was purchased all with credits, (about 4 of them combined). It was long after 24 hours: it gave me one credit back, with an extended date. Couldnt make heads or tails of date; it wasnt quite until one year from today, but near enough that it definitely was months after any one piece of previous expirations.

Your mileage may vary of course.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

/delete

Last edited by spongenotbob; Nov 18, 2023 at 11:43 pm
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Tried multiple ways to extend eCredits expiring at end of year,

Cancelled within 24 hour. No Change

Cancelled at 36 hour mark, No change.

Tickets were covered 100% by credits.

Maybe I need to try with credit + Cash post 24 hour cancel.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:31 pm

Was the 36 hour still showing as "24-hour guarantee"? I find it sometimes does up until 48 hours. I've had more luck recently waiting until for sure it shows as a cancel, not a 24-hour guarantee
Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Was the 36 hour still showing as "24-hour guarantee"? I find it sometimes does up until 48 hours. I've had more luck recently waiting until for sure it shows as a cancel, not a 24-hour guarantee
Good Call.

I did not check that.

Will reattempt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.