Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Airlines Pilot Arrested and Hancuffed in Error at Boston Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

NBC Boston

Feds Interrogate Pilot by Mistake in Training Exercise at Boston Hotel, Sources Say

An FBI representative said no one was hurt and that Boston police were called to confirm it was a training exercise

Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
From the NBC Station in Boston
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...-awry/3015604/

This was a training exercise. The agents and soldiers went to the wrong room. It appears the DL pilots were completely innocent victims in this incident.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I guarantee you that Morgan and Morgan will be having their own training exercise when the Delta pilot hires them.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Am curious if those pilots actually flew in the morning or if they had to call out due to disrupted sleep and not meeting minimum rest.
ConnieDee likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
I'd call out for the remainder of the trip + some additional time to clear my head after having the FBI enter my hotel room, handcuff, and interrogate me. Especially since it was an "anti terrorism" exercise... I can't imagine the interrogation was gentle.

Oh... and does DL require crew to share rooms?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
From the NBC Station in Boston
This was a training exercise. The agents and soldiers went to the wrong room. It appears the DL pilots were completely innocent victims in this incident.
Safe to say they failed that training?
Davvidd, Spiff, anonHippo and 6 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by ND76
I guarantee you that Morgan and Morgan will be having their own training exercise when the Delta pilot hires them.
after you call 911, call 800-911-911
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by emma dog
I'd call out for the remainder of the trip + some additional time to clear my head after having the FBI enter my hotel room, handcuff, and interrogate me. Especially since it was an "anti terrorism" exercise... I can't imagine the interrogation was gentle.

Oh... and does DL require crew to share rooms?
No they do not share rooms unless they choose to!
emma dog and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:57 pm
Suspended

What a frighteningly colossal blunder by agents who are often heavily armed.

How could this possibly be allowed to happen when there was any chance of public interaction?

No one will be fired or seriously disciplined for this. It doesn't matter how much of a settlement will have to be paid as it's the taxpayer's problem now. No one in the organization will suffer so why should they care.

No doubt the hotel will have its own 7 or 8 figure settlement for injury to their reputation.
FMDXR, pbjag and anonHippo like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by SkyLich

No doubt the hotel will have its own 7 or 8 figure settlement for injury to their reputation.
Ironically it's named the Revere Hotel!!!
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ND76
I sincerely hope the pilot sues everyone involved and is not influenced by Delta corporate to avoid doing so. I see a very nice 6 figure settlement in their future.
Spiff, anonHippo and Duke787 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Uh oops
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I sincerely hope the pilot sues everyone involved and is not influenced by Delta corporate to avoid doing so. I see a very nice 6 figure settlement in their future.
Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to sue the federal government for monetary damages.
hhdl and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to sue the federal government for monetary damages.
He won't have to sue the government. I can guarantee you that hotel will be whipping out a checkbook faster than you can say early retirement. Hotel let the feds use their place, all on them.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by MrHockey
He won't have to sue the government. I can guarantee you that hotel will be whipping out a checkbook faster than you can say early retirement. Hotel let the feds use their place, all on them.
The pilot certainly has rights pursuant to the Federal Tort Claims Act, 28 U.S.C. 2671 et seq. His civil rights were violated by federal agents acting in the course of their employment with the federal government. Because of the FTCA, sovereign immunity is not absolute in his case.
hhdl and GUWonder like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.