FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Airlines Pilot Arrested and Hancuffed in Error at Boston Hotel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2117634-delta-airlines-pilot-arrested-hancuffed-error-boston-hotel.html)

BeantownDisneyFan Apr 5, 2023 11:51 pm

Delta Airlines Pilot Arrested and Hancuffed in Error at Boston Hotel

NBC Boston

Feds Interrogate Pilot by Mistake in Training Exercise at Boston Hotel, Sources Say

An FBI representative said no one was hurt and that Boston police were called to confirm it was a training exercise

DCAproducer Apr 6, 2023 6:10 am

From the NBC Station in Boston
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...-awry/3015604/

This was a training exercise. The agents and soldiers went to the wrong room. It appears the DL pilots were completely innocent victims in this incident.

ND76 Apr 6, 2023 7:15 am

I guarantee you that Morgan and Morgan will be having their own training exercise when the Delta pilot hires them.

rylan Apr 6, 2023 11:17 am

Am curious if those pilots actually flew in the morning or if they had to call out due to disrupted sleep and not meeting minimum rest.

emma dog Apr 6, 2023 12:59 pm

I'd call out for the remainder of the trip + some additional time to clear my head after having the FBI enter my hotel room, handcuff, and interrogate me. Especially since it was an "anti terrorism" exercise... I can't imagine the interrogation was gentle.

Oh... and does DL require crew to share rooms?

wooootles Apr 6, 2023 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer (Post 35148225)
From the NBC Station in Boston
This was a training exercise. The agents and soldiers went to the wrong room. It appears the DL pilots were completely innocent victims in this incident.

Safe to say they failed that training?

lindros2 Apr 6, 2023 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 35148355)
I guarantee you that Morgan and Morgan will be having their own training exercise when the Delta pilot hires them.

after you call 911, call 800-911-911

DLASflyer Apr 6, 2023 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by emma dog (Post 35149286)
I'd call out for the remainder of the trip + some additional time to clear my head after having the FBI enter my hotel room, handcuff, and interrogate me. Especially since it was an "anti terrorism" exercise... I can't imagine the interrogation was gentle.

Oh... and does DL require crew to share rooms?

No they do not share rooms unless they choose to!

SkyLich Apr 6, 2023 4:57 pm

What a frighteningly colossal blunder by agents who are often heavily armed.

How could this possibly be allowed to happen when there was any chance of public interaction?

No one will be fired or seriously disciplined for this. It doesn't matter how much of a settlement will have to be paid as it's the taxpayer's problem now. No one in the organization will suffer so why should they care.

No doubt the hotel will have its own 7 or 8 figure settlement for injury to their reputation.

rufflesinc Apr 6, 2023 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by SkyLich (Post 35149815)

No doubt the hotel will have its own 7 or 8 figure settlement for injury to their reputation.

Ironically it's named the Revere Hotel!!!

bocastephen Apr 6, 2023 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 35148355)

I sincerely hope the pilot sues everyone involved and is not influenced by Delta corporate to avoid doing so. I see a very nice 6 figure settlement in their future.

Duke787 Apr 6, 2023 8:30 pm

Uh oops

Adam1222 Apr 6, 2023 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 35149997)
I sincerely hope the pilot sues everyone involved and is not influenced by Delta corporate to avoid doing so. I see a very nice 6 figure settlement in their future.

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to sue the federal government for monetary damages.

MrHockey Apr 7, 2023 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 35150237)
Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to sue the federal government for monetary damages.

He won't have to sue the government. I can guarantee you that hotel will be whipping out a checkbook faster than you can say early retirement. Hotel let the feds use their place, all on them.

ND76 Apr 7, 2023 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by MrHockey (Post 35151441)
He won't have to sue the government. I can guarantee you that hotel will be whipping out a checkbook faster than you can say early retirement. Hotel let the feds use their place, all on them.

The pilot certainly has rights pursuant to the Federal Tort Claims Act, 28 U.S.C. 2671 et seq. His civil rights were violated by federal agents acting in the course of their employment with the federal government. Because of the FTCA, sovereign immunity is not absolute in his case.