Wiki Posts
Search

DL-ITA Transfer at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
DL-ITA Transfer at JFK

Flying next week ATL-JFK-MXP, I got conflicting info from the Platinum line as to which terminal Im landing and which Im departing. Worse case is T1 to T4, can anyone confirm if this is the case and how long it takes between terminals. Also, any recommendations on SkyClubs, Centurion or ITA Lounges ?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL is in T4 and you'll need to switch to T1 for ITA. ITA just uses AF lounge in T1 at JFK as they don't have their own lounge. Unless you are in PE or Biz class, you won't access to Sky Club in T4 solely based on DL STE+ status (you'll need some other credentials like SC membership or DL Amex Reserve or Amex Plat card). But it sounds like you have one of those since you mentioned the Centurion lounge which is also in T4. DL STE+ status will provide access to AF lounge with departing Skyteam flight on ITA.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
At JFK, DL uses T4, and AZ uses T1. So you will need to transfer from T4 to T1. During normal AirTrain operation, you would take the "All Terminals" AirTrain from T4 to T1 -- about a three-minute ride.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
You'll be arriving on Delta at T4, departing on ITA out of T1. There's no transfer inside security, so you'll have to leave the secure area and take the Airtrain to T1 (which could be just a one stop trip, depending on the stopping pattern of the Airtrain. Just make sure you get the train that stops at all terminals). A heads up -- T1 security is always miserable and surly and there's no Precheck line, so prepare for the worst.

There's no Sky Club or Centurion Lounge at T1, so you'd have to access those in T4 before you leave the terminal. If you're flying ITA, you'll have access to the Air France Lounge in T1 provided you're in Business Class or Sky Team Elite Plus.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
You'll have to reclear security over at T1, since Delta does not run an airside shuttle between T4 and T1, even though a number of Delta codeshare flights leave out of T1. I would allow at least 30 minutes to get through security in T1 (my actual experience there).
dcadwell likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by ohhleary
A heads up -- T1 security is always miserable and surly and there's no Precheck line, so prepare for the worst.
Originally Posted by ND76
I would allow at least 30 minutes to get through security in T1 (my actual experience there).
Ditto to all of this. Allow time for T1 security.
dcadwell likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Also, while not flashy, the AF Salon in T1 does the job. They've got some OK eats along with French champagne (at the SkyClub, if they were to switch to Andre Cold Duck it would be an improvement over what they have been serving).
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
You'll have to reclear security over at T1, since Delta does not run an airside shuttle between T4 and T1, even though a number of Delta codeshare flights leave out of T1. I would allow at least 30 minutes to get through security in T1 (my actual experience there).
And if the T1 Airtrain is still closed to construction will need to actually ride the Airtrain to terminal 8 and take a temporary shuttle bus they have to terminal 1. Add that into your calculations.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Also, while not flashy, the AF Salon in T1 does the job. They've got some OK eats along with French champagne (at the SkyClub, if they were to switch to Andre Cold Duck it would be an improvement over what they have been serving).
I found the food at the AF Salon very good.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
And if the T1 Airtrain is still closed to construction will need to actually ride the Airtrain to terminal 8 and take a temporary shuttle bus they have to terminal 1. Add that into your calculations.
Construction is ongoing, but the train station is open.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
If you have PP , you will have access to 5 lounges on T1 as well.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:33 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
French champagne
Is there any other kind?
hhdl and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Construction is ongoing, but the train station is open.
Glad to hear that as it wasnt early February when I was transiting.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Agree with all above. Not sure if this is still the case but when I took the AZ flight you had to get a boarding pass from AZ. At the counter. Which does not open until 2 or 3 hours before their first flight.

and no pre-check.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by seattleBH
Agree with all above. Not sure if this is still the case but when I took the AZ flight you had to get a boarding pass from AZ. At the counter. Which does not open until 2 or 3 hours before their first flight.

and no pre-check.
I can handle most of the inconveniences stated but this one would suck !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.