Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Domestic First Class Meal Pre Order Rules Changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Domestic First Class Meal Pre Order Rules Changes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2023, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FenwayTim
Its not rules, simply a software or other glitch not allowing those planes to have the pre-order functionality populate... Not sure what time your flight is but you will have 3 choices, 1 might be the spicy burger which is pretty tasty.. You almost surely will have a salad option and probably something with the impossible products.
The pre-order is nice sometimes but for me, I also like being surprised... You will be in good shape and pre-order glitch aside, that's a very good plane.. One of my favorite for domestic first.
We are on a breakfast flight out of LAX and the March menu for LAX looks to be Ham & Cheese Quiche, French Toast Bread Pudding, or Fruit & Cheese Plate.

I’m not worried about it, I’m not picky. But the people I’m traveling with are, so I was hoping to pre-order to lock in their preferences.

We are in the first two rows, so if the FAs follow FEBO, then we should be ok, especially if no one else was able to pre-order either because of the aircraft type.

Just hoping to avoid the old “…the only meal we have left is a thing you don’t want.” Not the end of the world.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by xliioper
Looks like DL874 to BOI .......
You are correct sir, but how you got BOI out of that I have no idea. Did you just look for departures out of ATL at that time?

I figured since it was out of ATL it would be a hot meal. Either way will report back.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FLOIR
You are correct sir, but how you got BOI out of that I have no idea. Did you just look for departures out of ATL at that time?

I figured since it was out of ATL it would be a hot meal. Either way will report back.
DL is cheap, but also trying to avoid confusion. If a station is sad box, it's sad box both directions. Why they can't just double cater is beyond me.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Example number 436,326 why you're better off asking someone here than a Delta agent. Most of the time they have no idea.
mbluecpa, flyerCO, hi55us and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:54 am

Having an issue with preorder for my flight next week PHX to JFK. When i click on preorder in the app it says Oops and an error message. Plane is a 737-900. Any suggestions on what to do? using the android app if that makes a difference.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by xliioper
The agents are generally useless for these types of questions as their depth of knowledge is actually pretty limited (and very few are likely frequent flyers themselves with firsthand experience). You'll usually find more knowledgeable people on FT who can provide more thoughtful responses.

In general the airlines have created a product so complicated that even their own employees can't keep up.
demkr and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 6P&E
In general the airlines have created a product so complicated that even their own employees can't keep up.
DL makes worse by not having real training.
mbluecpa, demkr and RealHJ like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL is cheap, but also trying to avoid confusion. If a station is sad box, it's sad box both directions. Why they can't just double cater is beyond me.
I think I’m just going to refer to TUL as SBX aka sad box from now on.
flyerCO and matchbox20_is like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by ostatekitty
I think I’m just going to refer to TUL as SBX aka sad box from now on.
Or just refer to DL as CAA, aka Cheap A$$ Airline.

I haven’t had a sad box since 2021, but it’s really pathetic that they’re still doing it.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
Originally Posted by findark
Preorder is not available for flights operated by the 32Q (Airbus 321neo).
I was told that it is due to the galley configuration and that the single oven can only accommodate 16 meals. If all 20 people pre ordered a hot item they would not be able to serve them all at once.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2
I was told that it is due to the galley configuration and that the single oven can only accommodate 16 meals. If all 20 people pre ordered a hot item they would not be able to serve them all at once.
ahahahhahahaaahahahaha Delta ahahhhahahaaaha
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2
That's hilarious if true... but shows a lack of resourcefulness, only offer hot meals to the first 16 people that submit requests. Once 16 hot meals are spoken for, don't offer a meal choice button. Seems like a simple fix to a simple problem. It's not uncommon for the last 4 seats up front to be filled within a day of departure, so this would be a non-issue anyway, since day of departure upgrades don't meet the 24 hour advance notice needed to fulfil the meal.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by syrwhizzy
That's hilarious if true... but shows a lack of resourcefulness, only offer hot meals to the first 16 people that submit requests. Once 16 hot meals are spoken for, don't offer a meal choice button. Seems like a simple fix to a simple problem. It's not uncommon for the last 4 seats up front to be filled within a day of departure, so this would be a non-issue anyway, since day of departure upgrades don't meet the 24 hour advance notice needed to fulfil the meal.
ah yes definitely telling the people who buy full fare last-minute J that they can't have hot food because the Z tickets already reserved them all will be a "simple" fix and have no blowback at all.

not sure why "heat half the meals, remove those from the oven then heat the other half while serving the first bunch" wouldn't work, it typically takes so long to get meals out to everyone that I doubt anyone would even notice.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
ah yes definitely telling the people who buy full fare last-minute J that they can't have hot food because the Z tickets already reserved them all will be a "simple" fix and have no blowback at all.
Those people don't have guaranteed hot food anyway, since it could run out before the FA gets to them. It's still a bad idea, but not because of this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its because of the 321neo... and I haven't heard a real/official explanation of why we can't pre-order on those either. In my opinion, the most plausible theories are:
  • DL has a bug on their end that isn't recognizing or allowing pre order on this aircraft type.
  • Insufficient galley configuration to accommodate more than 16 hot choices.
Although, with the second one I am curious what they do for dinner on a longer flight where all meal options are normally hot? Purposely load some cold trays and the last row to select loses out on anything edible?

Either way, its pretty poor that pre-ordering is still not available on this aircraft. And, its really crappy if you're sitting at the opposite end where they start taking orders and nothing is left for the last two rows but the nasty cold veg option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.