Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta changed our seats--more than once

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, UAL, British, American

Does this happen to others? Three times recently, Delta has changed our flight in advance, and each time puts my wife and me in different rows!
And on the latest change, Delta put us in coach instead of Comfort +. And also moved us from window/aisle on wide body flight to the middle.
Tried calling on this, but did not want to wait the 20 minutes for an agent.
Any comments woudl be appreciated.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:22 am

The further out you book, the more likely it is to happen. Any reason you can't just change seats yourself?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tallflyer
Does this happen to others? Three times recently, Delta has changed our flight in advance, and each time puts my wife and me in different rows!
And on the latest change, Delta put us in coach instead of Comfort +. And also moved us from window/aisle on wide body flight to the middle.
Are you picking the bulkhead row?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:37 am

Schedule changes occur on Saturdays. Recheck your seats every Monday.
ostatekitty and Singleflyer like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM
One thing to remember is that seat assignments are not guaranteed. They do change. Sometimes Delta's computers do separate people, (when it is not necessary). Also during some schedule changes, the seat map becomes "locked" while they are re-assigning seats and it prevents the computers from keeping people together during that lock.
flyerCO likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:32 pm

this is not uncommon. other airlines happen to occur as well AA moved my seat, refuses to fix
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:21 pm

20 minutes seems short. Can you adjust your seating assignments on the Delta app?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
20 minutes seems short. Can you adjust your seating assignments on the Delta app?
Yes, if no one is in your previous seat.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The information under your username says that you're a FO (Silver) with DL. If so, you're not entitled to a C+ "upgrade" until T-24. If you paid for C+ tickets, you're entitled to a refund of the price difference at the time of purchase (or any fee you paid for C+ seats) if you ultimately fly in coach.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage
"...and each time puts my wife and me in different rows!"
Tell your wife to stop changing seats and that she has to sit next to you on the plane?

I'll be here all night. Tip your waiters.

Regards,
Bill
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:06 am

Can you not log onto www.delta.com and move yourself??
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:06 am

If you can't be bothered to wait 20 minutes then it must not be that important.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:22 pm

Yes, this happened to me with a recent schedule change. I was wondering if others were also getting bumped from Comfort + to coach, or if it was just me. The rest of the plane also filled up, so I'm thinking there was a large group that wanted seats on my flight. (Same plane, same frequency, just a new flight number.)

At least in the past, Delta was consistently great about re-accommodating in the same cabin or better following a schedule change. This time, they were hostile. If Delta is using schedule change Saturday to bump people with at-booking complimentary Comfort + upgrades to coach on popular flights, so that they can sell more Comfort + seats and pad their profits, that would be a huge slap in the face to PMs and DMs. Hopefully it's just bad IT systems.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by JW6130
If Delta is using schedule change Saturday to bump people with at-booking complimentary Comfort + upgrades to coach on popular flights, so that they can sell more Comfort + seats and pad their profits, that would be a huge slap in the face to PMs and DMs. Hopefully it's just bad IT systems.
Highly doubt they're doing it on purpose. I've been bumped out of a paid C+ seat by a schedule change. It happens.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by DLHubber
Highly doubt they're doing it on purpose. I've been bumped out of a paid C+ seat by a schedule change. It happens.
Agree that it happens. But it doesn't feel right to go from best Comfort+ seats to the very back of the plane, with zero compensation or willingness to fix offered.

I never expect an upgrade from Delta. But once the upgrade is granted, I do expect that Delta won't downgrade me over a flight number change and then say "You have a coach ticket. Upgrades are not guaranteed." I also expect that Delta IT will maintain granted upgrades on schedule change Saturday. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Between that, charging me to SDC on an expensive coach ticket, and not allowing me to SDC for free on a domestic First Class ticket per the policy, I feel like Delta is nickel-and-diming a lot more than they did in the past. PM used to have some great value. It doesn't feel like it has as much currently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.