Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Two changes for lower fare - different eCredit outcomes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis

My family and I are traveling in December. Have 4 people across 2 reservations as we used two Amex BOGO certs for these flights.

The fare dropped yesterday by over $100 per ticket so my wife chatted with an agent yesterday morning and was able to re-fare both reservations in place.

For her reservation she immediately received new email confirmations and the eCredit showed in her wallet right away. But 24 hours later have yet to receive new email confirmations for my reservation and I am not seeing any eCredit in my wallet. I can see from my eticket receipt that my flights were re-priced it shows the new lower fare amount and a remaining value.

description amount currency
Applied eCredit (006XXXXXXXXXX) $185.20 USD
Remaining eCredit Balance (006XXXXXXXXXX) $110.00 USD

But if I lookup either of the two numbers above, neither shows an active eCredit.

Chatted with another agent later yesterday and she confirmed that my actual ticket has an eCredit worth $110 remaining on it, but that I will only be able to use after my flight.

Trying to figure out why my wifes reservation processed one way and mine differently i.e. she has the eCredit available to use now vs. mine where the agent said it will only be after we fly I guess more of an unused eticket vs. eCredit? I asked the second agent about this, but she had no idea said perhaps it will show up in the next 24 hours (but it has not).

Both are same flights. Both using Amex companion certs. Only difference is that I originally used another eCredit to pay for my flights vs. her reservation being net new cash.

One odd thing - the original agent my wife chatted with provided numbers for the eCredits to be issued but the number she gave for mine was an existing eCredit in my wallet the one that was left after ticketing these flights a couple months ago. So perhaps having originally used an eCredit is why they were processed differently? Is there a chance the new eCredit goes back and gets combined with that existing one I have? Or is there a chance the change on mine is just talking longer and I will get confirmation emails/an eCredit eventually? Or other any action I need to take?

Waiting to use the remainder after the December trip is probably fine most likely not booking another Delta personal flight until next summers vacation. I just want to make sure it is accessible at some point.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Its DLs IT. It is horrible. Ive had some tickets transfer properly to e-credits easily redeemable online, and others that get lost in the abyss and require many frustrating calls to redeem. My advice would not ever be to cancel just to save a few bucks. You will pay the price trying to redeem. Keep careful note of the e-ticket numbers and be prepared to escalate when it comes time to use them. Best of luck!
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Today the "Remaining eCredit Balance" showed up as a refund to my Amex. Still find it interesting that the same type of change processed two different ways - but not going to complain.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by dbuckho
Today the "Remaining eCredit Balance" showed up as a refund to my Amex. Still find it interesting that the same type of change processed two different ways - but not going to complain.
I have had similar experiences where two cancellations done at the same time on tickets that were the same except for the particular passenger yielded different results.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seems to be an IT issue on Delta's end... I recently rebooked a ticket since the price dropped and the receipt shows I should've received a $90 ecredit, however it did not appears in my credits/certs page. I had to manually enter the ecert number to get it to appear and use it. First time I've had that happen, but pretty concerning since it would be easy for someone to miss a credit they actually have since it doesn't show up in their account.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I repriced tickets purchased with a companion cert a couple months ago online and the system actually put a credit back on my Amex for fare difference. It was definitely after the worry-free guarantee period and the fares weren't refundable, so not sure why it did that way instead of issuing a credit.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If there was a significant enough schedule change it'll ask if you want a refund back to your original form of payment.

For the Amex cert maybe its some oddness in how the cert works that it issues credit back too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.