Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion status changes, effects on existing reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM
Seat benefits usually apply to yourself and a companion so the 4 on 1 is likely the cause. Call in to split your reservation, but while you're on the line you can ask about keeping everyone together in the preferred seats, worst they'll say is no.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by BHArt
Seat benefits usually apply to yourself and a companion so the 4 on 1 is likely the cause. Call in to split your reservation, but while you're on the line you can ask about keeping everyone together in the preferred seats, worst they'll say is no.
Will the other 2 get free bags? Thanks for the heads up on this, I will start to research it!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smallbizzguy
Will the other 2 get free bags? Thanks for the heads up on this, I will start to research it!
The free bag benefit applies to everyone in the same reservation.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BHArt
Preferred seating is available to all companions on same reservation. It's only C+/F upgrades that are restricted to a single companion.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...d-seating.html
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Try removing your skymiles number from the reservation and adding it back. It's possible the reservation hasn't picked up that you're silver now.
Based on experience with other airlines, it's also possible that your status hasn't propagated through every single system yet, so if it still doesn't work, try again in a day or two.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
Based on experience with other airlines, it's also possible that your status hasn't propagated through every single system yet, so if it still doesn't work, try again in a day or two.
This was it! Just got off the phone and she told me that I just became silver this morning (when the email was generated) and it can take upwards of 24 hours before I can actually use the silver benefits. She said to watch my delta profile settings for the "Medallion Complimentary Upgrade Requests" option to appear, and once that has appeared, I will be able to upgrade my seats.

Thank you very much
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle

Hello! I tried finding these answers in another thread but I am unable to. My 25K MQD waiver hit the Delta app today and by tomorrow my status should switch over from FO to PM. I had a few questions.

1. For already booked reservations will I be able to switch my seats to C+ or does that have to be done at booking?
2. My partner is Silver Medallion (FO). How do upgrades work if we are on the same reservation? Is it better to be on the same reservation or separate?

I appreciate any advice/information!
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveler_boy_25
Hello! I tried finding these answers in another thread but I am unable to. My 25K MQD waiver hit the Delta app today and by tomorrow my status should switch over from FO to PM. I had a few questions.

1. For already booked reservations will I be able to switch my seats to C+ or does that have to be done at booking?
2. My partner is Silver Medallion (FO). How do upgrades work if we are on the same reservation? Is it better to be on the same reservation or separate?

1)C+ are handled as upgrades. If space is available and you selected option for C+ upgrades. You two will then be upgraded.
2)they'll upgrade with you. However there must be 2 upgrade seats to do so.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

0. FYI, it's likely that your 2022 status will reflect PM tomorrow; your remainder-of-2021 status may take another day to update to PM.

1. Once your current-year status reflects PM, you ought to be able to switch to C+ if there is available inventory (not just available seats, there has to be SU inventory). If C+ looks wide open but isn't letting you pick then you can try removing/re-adding your SkyMiles number and see if that helps.

2. On the same reservation, you would potentially clear at the higher member's status. On separate reservations, since both are Medallions you would potentially clear individually at the respective window. So better to be on the same reservation. Although in all cases this of course really means "... provided upgrade inventory is available."
Traveler_boy_25 and flyerCO like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Zorak

1. Once your current-year status reflects PM, you ought to be able to switch to C+ if there is available inventory (not just available seats, there has to be SU inventory). If C+ looks wide open but isn't letting you pick then you can try removing/re-adding your SkyMiles number and see if that helps.
Thank you! If I need to remove/re-add my Skymiles number how do I do that? Am I doing that for my entire account or per each reservation?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Thank you! If I need to remove/re-add my Skymiles number how do I do that? Am I doing that for my entire account or per each reservation?
I don't think it's actually necessary, but if you were to do it, it's per reservation. Pull it up on the web site and scroll down to "PASSENGER INFORMATION" where you should find a "Remove" link next to your SkyMiles number. In the Android app if you tap on the triangle next to your name to expand the details, there should be a link to "ADD/EDIT" (I assume IOS is similar).
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Transitioning from GM to PM

Hi All,

If I flights booked for the future, and I become a PM, will they automatically upgrade my seats to comfort plus or will that only happen on new reservations booked after i reach PM?

Also, does domestic premium select seats marketed as comfort plus qualify for automatic upgrade to comfort plus? like on an A330-900 neo to HNL
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Frozenguy
Hi All,

If I flights booked for the future, and I become a PM, will they automatically upgrade my seats to comfort plus or will that only happen on new reservations booked after i reach PM?

Also, does domestic premium select seats marketed as comfort plus qualify for automatic upgrade to comfort plus? like on an A330-900 neo to HNL
you will need to go back to your existing flights and select C+

you will be eligible to be upgraded into any seat in a C+ cabin. if that happens to be a PS cabin being sold as C+, so be it. Also, try and check in on these seats frequently if the trip is a ways off. If they happen to change the plane to one without PS, they'll retain paid C+ passengers in their C+ seats and you'll likely end up in a middle seat in the back.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by gitismatty
you will need to go back to your existing flights and select C+

you will be eligible to be upgraded into any seat in a C+ cabin. if that happens to be a PS cabin being sold as C+, so be it. Also, try and check in on these seats frequently if the trip is a ways off. If they happen to change the plane to one without PS, they'll retain paid C+ passengers in their C+ seats and you'll likely end up in a middle seat in the back.
Ok Thanks. So I've already requested upgrades for C+ and F but you're saying I should be able to go ahead a just manually select C+ for flights after I get PM even weeks ahead, as if I had just booked?

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind. Delta has a LOT of flights from SEA and LAX to HNL with the A330-900neo which seem to all be equipped with PS seats.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Frozenguy
Ok Thanks. So I've already requested upgrades for C+ and F but you're saying I should be able to go ahead a just manually select C+ for flights after I get PM even weeks ahead, as if I had just booked?
Selecting the C+ seats will work as long as they are still releasing these for PMs and above.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.