Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why are Delta Flights So Expensive Now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why are Delta Flights So Expensive Now?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lindros2
Yeah TPG is impartial:
"This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page."
that statement is referring to the obnoxious amount of credit card referral links. nowhere does that statement suggest, imply, or state that Delta (or any other airline) is paying for positive press on TPG
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by indufan
Actually, those things have very little to do with it. What has almost everything to do with it is the willingness of the public to pay. Delta (and others) had most of those fixed costs two years ago and couldn't give away a ticket.

Delta knows, just like you and I do, that many folks are medallion captives.

They made people Platinum or Diamond members with rollover miles. So they pay more and get that C+ upgrade (which is really just an economy seat in a different color), while they hope for a lottery win into First. Plus, they get an extra bag!

Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:19 am

Unless demand slows and/or supply increases, prices will remain expensive.

I booked my most expensive flight ever for the holidays and despite the sticker shock, I don’t want to give up traveling. So… I paid the price Delta charges!
lindros2 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
I interpreted the question to be about why Delta, in particular, was more expensive than other airlines.
free_whine likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:51 am

Because it’s a for-profit company and people are paying what they’re charging

Why would we even ask this question?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
I interpreted the question to be about why Delta, in particular, was more expensive than other airlines.
Yes, it is! It is very extremely expensive. Due to high cost fuel. That's why I can't flying anywhere. I can't go to Florida to see my old friends. Someday. Someday in the future. Once the ticket price is dropped. They will make a cheaper ticket price. That's why those people who cannot afford it. They didn't like paying a expensive ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.