Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Name on reservation does not match name on ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to check in for a flight tomorrow and it says it's unable to do it because my name on the reservation does not match the name on my ticket. I booked direct with Delta, added my Virgin Atlantic flying club number and my KTN, everything looks as it should. Any ideas?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:45 pm

Call whoever’s metal you’re flying ASAP. They’re the ones who can correct any issue or override in case of an error. The way airports are right now it isn’t worth the risk of waiting to get there
exwannabe, hi55us and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Something doesn't match. Either the way you entered your name, the name as it appears in your Virgin profile or the way it appears in your pre-check KTN profile. Keep in mind that they must match exactly. First, middle and last must be the same. Middle initial as opposed to full middle name or even a suffix (jr, III) if you have that in one of your profiles and not another.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Something doesn't match. Either the way you entered your name, the name as it appears in your Virgin profile or the way it appears in your pre-check KTN profile. Keep in mind that they must match exactly. First, middle and last must be the same. Middle initial as opposed to full middle name or even a suffix (jr, III) if you have that in one of your profiles and not another.
False. I'm have a suffix and it's never been in my DL or secure flight profile, and my GE (pre-check) works every time and has ever since the pre-check program was started. I believe it only uses first and last name.

Recently I tried to get DL to add my suffix (because it is annoying to checkin to Int'l flights and have to have my name fixed on the kiosk to check in), and they replied via email that they did, but it's still not showing on their site/app a week later...so oh well.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Middle name vs Middle initial hasn't been an issue for Pre in a bit, it was initially though. However they finally relaxed it awhile back. First/Last name is the important thing.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have had occassions where they were picky. Anyway, I prefer to have all my ID's match, just makes it easier and less of a hassle. I know in MN, getting the state to amend a driver's license is a huge hassle (it didn't match passport and frequent flyer profile). If there is a problem, it goes back to you as the traveler. I know someone who had their middle name misspelled on their ticket Micheal instead of Michael and the TSA send him back to have the ticket fixed (this was last year). Seems a little picky, but that is what they made him do (I was there).
YMMV
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:29 pm

My husband had this trouble once. The system attached his middle initial to his first name and so the system was reading the first name as a different first name. As you said, it looked fine online. The agent was able to see that what had happened once we got to the airport, but as others have said I would rather wait on hold at home to try to resolve before you get to airport.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by aspalek
My husband had this trouble once. The system attached his middle initial to his first name and so the system was reading the first name as a different first name. As you said, it looked fine online.
I can't remember the sequence of events but I think this happened to me back around 2010. I think I had just my initial in the "middle name" field in my profile and it too was added to the end of my first name. Phone agent told me to spell out my full middle name - and I did - and now my first and middle name are connected but it's never been an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.