Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Evening flight cancelled Delta App gives me a 5:30 AM flight next day- can I refuse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Evening flight cancelled Delta App gives me a 5:30 AM flight next day- can I refuse?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA

I am scheduled to fly an evening non-stop Delta Airlines flight between two cities. My flight, the last flight between those two cities is canceled for some unknown reason.

I go to the Delta App and it has scheduled me on a new flight at 5:30 AM the next day. Because of sleep and work issues, this is not good. How do I reject this new reservation and suggest an evening flight the next day without losing my right to fly on that reservation and not pay extra?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Narrow Seat
I am scheduled to fly an evening non-stop Delta Airlines flight between two cities. My flight, the last flight between those two cities is canceled for some unknown reason.

I go to the Delta App and it has scheduled me on a new flight at 5:30 AM the next day. Because of sleep and work issues, this is not good. How do I reject this new reservation and suggest an evening flight the next day without losing my right to fly on that reservation and not pay extra?
-You can try modifying to a new flight via the App. If it's trying to charge a fare difference then I wouldn't continue and would go to option 2.
-You can call or message DL via text and a reservation agent will be able to assist in rebooking. Let them know your original flight was canceled and you were rebooked on a flight that doesn't work for you. Have a preferred flight or flights ready to feed the agent as that will help speed up the process versus the agent just starting to feed you flights until you finally hear one that works for you.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:38 am

Call ASAP. An agent will be able to see availability for evening flights the next day rather than the 5:30AM flight youve been auto rebooked on.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Narrow Seat

Go into app or website and try to modify. otherwise call.. You can rebook on any flight including connecting that day, or +/- 1 day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.