Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LGA SkyClub and Terminal - best in Delta system?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA SkyClub and Terminal - best in Delta system?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by SH115
I’ve been to both and find LAX better because of the balcony and outdoor bar. LGA’s new club is top notch but due to its not having an outdoor bar LAX wins.
ulitimately, what difference does it make? there zero scenarios where I'm trying to decide between these two airports and would consider lounge quality as a tie breaker.
defrosted likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
ulitimately, what difference does it make? there zero scenarios where I'm trying to decide between these two airports and would consider lounge quality as a tie breaker.
The question in the thread title was: Is LGA skyclub the best in the Delta system. Kinda hard to answer that if we're not allowed to compare it with other clubs in the DL system, don't you think?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
The question in the thread title was: Is LGA skyclub the best in the Delta system. Kinda hard to answer that if we're not allowed to compare it with other clubs in the DL system, don't you think?
Fair but if you consider this in response to the thread, really what is the point?

That being said, DTW for the win.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
yeah, I get it, that's my point, what difference does it make which one is "the best"? I'm not picking an airport based on the lounge, I'm flying to where I need/want to go. Like, dang, I have a meeting in Chicago but the lounge at ORD sucks and there isn't one at all at MDW, so I will fly to LGA instead.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used LGA again yesterday. I came into Gate 96. My brother arrived at gate 68. That was an extremely long walk. And once you get to 68 you have to back track about 2/3 of the way to get to the single exit. We walked by the boarded up old exit which used to make LGA so much more convenient. It's sure more pleasant at the SC I guess but as a destination airport give me the old terminal.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:17 pm

It's a little unclear from the map. Can you walk airside between all gates? Such as walk from gates in 60s-70s all the way to the gates in the 90s?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:47 pm

Yes, all gates are connected airside. A lot of temporary walkways at the moment.
xooz and jb1012xna like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:45 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by xooz
It's a little unclear from the map. Can you walk airside between all gates? Such as walk from gates in 60s-70s all the way to the gates in the 90s?
Yes you can walk among all the Delta gates (and must, there are no longer any shuttles). Right now 60s to 80s would be the longest connecting walk because of the way the temporary connector to the 80s is set up. The Delta gates aren’t connected airside to the terminal B gates (50s and below), though some early renderings suggested there might eventually be a connector — unclear if that’s still happening.
xooz and jb1012xna like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I got to LGA tonight, very light security line (just walked right up to PreCheck), go to the SkyClub - I would describe it at around 90% capacity. Kind of wild that the SkyClub seems to be the most crowded space in the airport
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
When LGA is suffering from 3-4-5-6 hour delays, closing your brand new club bar with a 9:10 last call
is inexcusable.
shoodawg likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

The last minute, late night gate change from the 90s to the 70s (15 minute walk it seems) is also brutal
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adelphos
The last minute, late night gate change from the 90s to the 70s (15 minute walk it seems) is also brutal
My parents had a 3 hour departure delay Monday night, and then also a gate change from the 70s to the 80s, so even longer of a walk, and they were .....ing about the terrible AC and no amenities at the 80s gates (they don't have club access and haven't flown DL in many many years if ever).
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by Adelphos
When LGA is suffering from 3-4-5-6 hour delays, closing your brand new club bar with a 9:10 last call
is inexcusable.
Agreed. Also at LGA last night (and this morning). Arrived on a delayed flight just after 9:30 and clubs closed. At least other options were open.

Rolling delays, my inbound flight finally gets in about 11:30 - and then crew times out (of course). Flight now 'delayed' until 7:15am.

Get hotel, set alarm for 5. Wake up, now delayed until 9:15. Try to sleep. Get to security (Pre/CLEAR) and there's a problem. Can't use boarding pass from yesterday for a flight today! Got put in a penalty box with others w/ the same issue; had to wait for a supervisor to clear things up.

Which resulted in a short stop at the new club this morning. Didn't have time to see the whole thing but I agree it's a really nice club and the food selections were pretty good.

No more evening connections @ LGA for me. Earlier in the day, OK.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by m907
I think SLC is best.
We used MSP near C12 recently and I was not impressed except with how friendly the employees were.

Last edited by tmorse6570; Aug 14, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
We used MSP recently and I was not impressed except with how friendly the employees were.
MSP currently has two Sky Clubs (Concourse C and Concourse F/G clubs). Concourse C club has not really been updated in many years and is in pretty sad shape. F/G has had more recent updates, but is really too small for the volume it gets. Compared to the new larger clubs at airports like SLC, LGA, LAX, SEA, (and soon ORD), it's not surprising one would find the current MSP clubs to be underwhelming. They are opening a third Sky Club at MSP in Concourse G next year that will be about 17K sq. ft. -- List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Last edited by xliioper; Aug 14, 2022 at 11:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.