Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM's on reward reservation, during status match challenge ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody

I'm looking to do a Delta status challenge (BA Gold to Delta Platinum) and already have multiple reservations inlcuding a ATL-JFK-BRU-JFK-ATL reward reservation in Delta One. I see I get MQD based on the Skymiles used for the award 148,000(1,480 MQD). And I understand I will fly 8,858 miles.

Will I 'just' receive 8,858 MQM's or will these be multiplied due to travelling in Delta One or my current status (lifetime Silver) or my status matched status (Platinum) ?

I need to figure out if my current reservations will get me over the line (18,750 MQM & 2,250 MQD) or if I'll need a little top up trip.

Think I found my answer https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...delta#earnMQMs = 150% ? so 13,287 MQM's ?

Last edited by BritBoyInFL; Jul 1, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
I'm looking to do a Delta status challenge (BA Gold to Delta Platinum) and already have multiple reservations inlcuding a ATL-JFK-BRU-JFK-ATL reward reservation in Delta One. I see I get MQD based on the Skymiles used for the award 140,000(1,400 MQD). And I understand I will fly 8,858 miles.

Will I 'just' receive 8,858 MQM's or will these be multiplied due to travelling in Delta One or my current status (lifetime Silver) or my status matched status (Platinum) ?

I need to figure out if my current reservations will get me over the line (18,750 MQM & 2,250 MQD) or if I'll need a little top up trip.
Flying in Delta One does increase your MQM earning, but status will not. According to this page, award travel D1 fares earn 50% extra MQM so you'll be about 5,500 MQM short: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...arn-with-delta
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by jjl468
Flying in Delta One does increase your MQM earning, but status will not. According to this page, award travel D1 fares earn 50% extra MQM so you'll be about 5,500 MQM short: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...arn-with-delta
Thanks, yes, found the same information just as you posted. Appreciate the confirmation. Good News I have other domoestic reservations booked, Bad News everything all totalled will leave me $200 MQD short and 800 MQM short. Guess I'm taking a cheap same day round trip to MIA (or anywhere else that gets me over the line) during my 90 day qualification
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Thanks, yes, found the same information just as you posted. Appreciate the confirmation. Good News I have other domoestic reservations booked, Bad News everything all totalled will leave me $200 MQD short and 800 MQM short. Guess I'm taking a cheap same day round trip to MIA (or anywhere else that gets me over the line) during my 90 day qualification
Similarly to the 150% bonus on your international flight, you could look to buy up to FC and get the incremental MQDs and MQMs that you are seeking without having to book a same day round trip to Miami. Unless, the Miami trip would also have an alternate purpose beyond a plain mileage run.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cre95
Similarly to the 150% bonus on your international flight, you could look to buy up to FC and get the incremental MQDs and MQMs that you are seeking without having to book a same day round trip to Miami. Unless, the Miami trip would also have an alternate purpose beyond a plain mileage run.
GREAT SUGGESTION ! will investigate that for my existing trips to MIA & LAS

THANKS.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
GREAT SUGGESTION ! will investigate that for my existing trips to MIA & LAS

THANKS.
Just be careful to upfare the ticket in advance. If you purchase a FC seat for a flight on the app or during OLCI, it probably won't give any additional MQMs or MQDs according to various reports here. This seems to be especially true when you upgrade only a single segment on a connecting itinerary and not all of the segments in that direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.