Wiki Posts
Search

Skybonus transatlantic question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Skybonus transatlantic question

I don't know if anyone on here has experience with Skybonus here but here goes. I can't see redemption options for transatlantic flights on the admin console any more (SkyBonus Certificate - Transatlantic - Delta One/First Class - For use on DL/AF/KL/AZ/VS).

Have Delta removed this option or am I just looking in the wrong place?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:51 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
They gutted all the certificates and changed to $$ECVs without notice. I was nearing a D1 TATL ticket and some of the long delays for posting the "added" tickets (still awaiting...)
jmgriffin likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. And that is a shame. I imagine the $$ECVs are nowhere near the same value?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I can’t recall the SkyBonus points required for an expanded availability D1 transatlantic ticket, but under the current credits, you get $1,000 for 300k points. The good news is that the credits work like any Delta e-credit. No fare rules, etc. I cashed in some points in the spring to buy some domestic F tickets for less than what it would have cost with the old certificates.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks, DCAproducer. I mainly used them for bringing my US staff to Europe. So a round trip ORD>BRU in October (so off peakish) in Delta One is about $4200. That used to be 525K points. Now it will cost more than 1.2M points. So a 50% devaluation in one go. Granted, it is nice and convenient to just have the credit without conditions but that is a hell of a price to pay. We will only use them for domestic now which is, I guess, what Delta wanted to achieve. Job done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.