Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta debuts limited-edition Amex Reserve card, made from a Boeing 747

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-air...ECL6YJXMLBQSY/

Surpringly, there's no extra charge for this card.
Xeno, DiverDave, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by lov2fly
https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-air...ECL6YJXMLBQSY/

Surpringly, there's no extra charge for this card.
Ordered, my card arrives late next week, but I am guessing real world photos will show up before that
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: delta
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Ordered, my card arrives late next week, but I am guessing real world photos will show up before that
Same, mine's saying 6/23 arrival. It's usually overnight, wonder if it really takes a week to manufacture the card.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
This is amazing. I'm impressed they have enough supply to think they can offer publicly to their entire customer base, but I'm grabbing it before someone decides "free and freely available" was too much
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I just got off the phone with AmEx to order a new card. Also told to expect it to arrive in one week. Can't wait!

ETA: After ordering mine, Mrs. ATOBTTR said "I want one too!" so getting one for her too.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Jun 16, 2022 at 11:04 am
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Mine's on order too ... expected arrival is June 24th.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:09 am

Hmm, any idea if we need to call in to order one? That's kinda too cool to pass up.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Just got off the phone. Ordered new card with delivery next week.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cardsqc
Hmm, any idea if we need to call in to order one? That's kinda too cool to pass up.
I asked for a replacement card on the website because "I want to change my design" and that seemed to go through fine.
dorisrpas and JBJ2435 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by findark
I asked for a replacement card on the website because "I want to change my design" and that seemed to go through fine.
Also did the same from the app and worked fine too!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by findark
Although the question would be whether you know for sure it's going to be the new design that way? Was there any confirmation of that? I may just give them a call, just tends to be easier to do things like that online for me
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Although the question would be whether you know for sure it's going to be the new design that way? Was there any confirmation of that? I may just give them a call, just tends to be easier to do things like that online for me
There is a "Boeing 747" option along with a picture of the new design.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
The app let me choose the design. I could clearly see that I was choosing the black 747 design instead of the purple option.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Originally Posted by chengcheng2
Same, mine's saying 6/23 arrival. It's usually overnight, wonder if it really takes a week to manufacture the card.
I would guess the slabs are already made and they have tens of thousands ready to go. It's probably just a matter of programming the account number into the chip (or pairing the chip number with the account).
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I know you can get overnight for lost/stolen cards via phone and only sometimes via the website it offers it. Dunno if they'd let you switch the design while reporting lost and then now you'd have to change all your accounts again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.