Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta debuts limited-edition Amex Reserve card, made from a Boeing 747

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta debuts limited-edition Amex Reserve card, made from a Boeing 747

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Originally Posted by cardsqc
Hmm, any idea if we need to call in to order one? That's kinda too cool to pass up.
I ordered mine on the website (as mentioned above, Go to Account Services, then Replace a Card, then "I want to change my design" and select the 747 option).

If you have multiple AmEx Cards - be sure to select the Delta Reserve Card from the pull down menu at the top right after you log in. The new option will not appear for the Delta Platinum card for example.

Interestingly, after you order the replacement card, the icon changes from the Purple to the New Design the next time you log back in!
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:54 am

Yup, indeed, now that I actually went through the process, the website does specifically let you choose the 747 design.
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:30 am

747 card fee?

Is there an annual fee and is it waived for the first year for new cardholders?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by globeseeker
Is there an annual fee and is it waived for the first year for new cardholders?
There is an annual fee of $550 for the card and no additional fee to get the card made out of the retired 747. I've never seen anything about it being waived for the first year. The only airline branded CC's I've seen with annual fees being waived for the first year are the lower tier cards.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM

Ordered replacement card for the new design earlier this morning and Amex online already shows the Boeing 747 design as the card for my main account.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
There is an annual fee of $550 for the card and no additional fee to get the card made out of the retired 747. I've never seen anything about it being waived for the first year. The only airline branded CC's I've seen with annual fees being waived for the first year are the lower tier cards.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:13 pm

Yes, I called them to see if there was any way to waive fee (eg a min spend) but they said no.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
This seems odd, almost creepy to me. I'd much rather fly in a 747 than take a minuscule piece of the carcass and have it in my wallet.
pbjag likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, I called them to see if there was any way to waive fee (eg a min spend) but they said no.

Well, not 100% accurate. There is a way to get an AmEx with the annual fee waived. Just visit your local US military recruiter.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Ordered replacements for both my business and personal and iis estimated to arrive June 24
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just ordered mine over the phone, due 6/24
tried in the app and online and didn't have the 747 option so I called.

I though they were all gone cause of articles and posts like this 😂😂
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:33 pm

The delta reserve card offers a substantial sign up bonus and the ability to redeem miles towards airfare at 1 cent each. If you'd otherwise spend $550 on delta flights, you should be able to offset the fee from the sign up bonus.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Found this on Twitter.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:16 pm

Had to Call

Just a heads up...I tried to order replacement with the 747 on line and did the "I want.a new design" option. Saw the Boeing design, clicked continue, got to next page and went to process and it kinda kicked me out (meaning I didn't see a confirmation). So after not getting an email confirm either after about 10 minutes, I called in and rep confirmed no order on the account. She then processed me (delivery June 24th as well). After she did it, received email confirmation immediately and now on website for that card it says "we are processing your replacement etc..." So just make sure if you are doing on-line you get a confirmation.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Glad I saw this post. I was unable to order using the 'Replace' feature on website, but opened the 'Chat' feature and the rep was able to order the replacement card in the new 747 design. Should arrive June 23!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.